Can't Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crodrigo2006

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm a new member that found this sight researching chainsaws. I'm looking into buying a new saw and torn between the 562xp and 372xp.

I'm sure its been debated before but I'm looking to run a 20" and 24" bar. The 562xp will so everything I need but don't know how I feel about the autotune. Biggest problem is lack of dealers near me that can work on it if needed. That lead me to start looking into the 372xp which would be more saw than I need, at least at the current moment. I have a ms361 a good friend let me borrow till I bought a new saw and I really like it. Its been seldom that I could of used a little
bigger. The price is not a factor, just trying to get the right saw and not regret my decision later.

I'm sorry if this post seems odd or lack of information, I'm a really shy person and have a hard time writing stuff like this or talking to
people I don't know. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can't go wrong with either saw. If weight is an issue, the 562xp will be much lighter, and will pull a 24" if you need it to, although I would stick with a 20" primarily. If you think you'll ever need a bigger bar than 24", then the 372xp is a better choice.

Thanks for the replays, I was leaning towards the 372xp just to have the bigger saw because I never know what I'm going to ever get into. I'm a beliver in overkill is underrated, just wanted to pick the brains a little from people on here

Echo cs620.look them up.no autotune to worry about and torque monsters unlike the strato models.
Can you not read? The OP asked whether he should buy the 562 or the 372, and you suggest an Echo? There are saws I'd rather have (like a Dolmar 7910), but that's not what was asked.

If you are asking basic questions like this, then you probably are not a saw tuning expert. That is why I settled on two auto tune saws after owning several of the idolized saws on here. The auto tune saw will keep you cutting efficiently. Since price is no issue, and you don't have a local dealer to support you, I would contact tlandrum on here to get you a deal on a new saw ported right out the door. Wicked Works Saws builds a fine saw that will have you smiling every time you crank it.

I have not run a 372 but I had a 272 that I ran 24" and 28" bars on. I recently bought a 562 and run a 20" bar on it with normal chain and a 24" bar with a skip chain. It goes right through madrone, oak, and digger pine with skip chain. I did have a friend run the 272 with a freshly sharpened normal chain on the 28" and I was just as quick or slightly quicker with the 562 running 24" skip through madrone 12-16" in size. The 562 was also noticeably lighter than the 272 when used for longer periods.

I bought the 562 instead of a 372 because I had ordered a ported 576 from Tlandrum, which hopefully comes soon having ordered it in early February. He has been dealing with some health issues so I havent been too worried waiting for it to get here. I'm sure the ported 576 will take care of anything bigger I might find myself needing to cut.

It has been to long to do a charge back. Right now he is just hoping that consistent calls will gry things going... hope he gets it soon. It unfortunate because having new saws woods ported is a good sales point, just not the delay.

They are both good saws, either one will put a smile on your face. I generally agree with BCA's comments regarding auto tune, and I think the problems have been worked out with that saw.

You did not say where you are located or what you will be cutting. For hardwood, I would lean toward the 562 for a 20" bar, and the 372 for a 24" bar. If you are cutting softwood, just go with the 562, it is lighter and I think you will appreciate the auto tune.

Spike60 also sells these saws, and will give you good advice.

Back