Can't have the box ? You can't be serious.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really Y'all, It's just a D*** Box 🙄. I'll give you a hundred to one that IF you had received the box it would have gone into the trash or recycling within a week anyway 😁
If I buy something NEW in the box that is EXACTLY how I want it, otherwise I am buying a floor model or a used item. The last Echo I bought came new in the box! YEP, I still have the box for it on a shelf in my pole barn.

According to the 4 dealers I talked to here in Fl, there will be ZERO discounts. Only MSRP. Their reasoning is that there is a severe shortage of Stihl products and they have to fight with all other dealers to get stock. They claim if they manage to get in an order for 10 items, they may only get 2 of that item. They say its all items across the line. They claim that this is severely hurting their ability to get enough stock to keep the lights on. There is the income for repairs so they have that.
I bought my MS500i a year ago for less than MSRP. Maybe the dealer looked up the price on the wrong saw. I paid $1180.

Bryan Equipment is an independent distributor that isn't owned by STIHL. They may have their own policies regarding the box but I doubt it because all distributors/dealers have to conform.

It is STIHL policy to not sell most serialized units in a box. The few exceptions are the battery line that aren't chain saws and cut off saws.

This policy is in place to protect their dealer network across the globe and to maintain their prestigious reputation.

The people that have a problem with this are "usually" box store mentality people.

If this is a big problem for you, then yes do not buy STIHL and move on.

Bryan Equipment is an independent distributor that isn't owned by STIHL. They may have their own policies regarding the box but I doubt it because all distributors/dealers have to conform.

It is STIHL policy to not sell most serialized units in a box. The few exceptions are the battery line that aren't chain saws and cut off saws.

This policy is in place to protect their dealer network across the globe and to maintain their prestigious reputation.

The people that have a problem with this are "usually" box store mentality people.

If this is a big problem for you, then yes do not buy STIHL and move on.
"prestigious reputation"

ROFLMFAO:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

"The people that have a problem with this are "usually" box store mentality people.

If this is a big problem for you, then yes do not buy STIHL and move on."

I'm wondering if you could possibly get more arrogant and insulting in the same statement. You should open a Stihl dealership immediately. You fit the business model.

I guess I've never thought about needing the box lol. The 2 dealers I buy saws from...the one I get most of my personal saws from, I've never got them in boxes. I think the reason is I usually buy whatever is on the display.

The dealer that I buy saws for my job, they put bar/chains on all their display models(probably in order to upsell). I usually don't need bars or chain, just powerheads only. They don't want to take the b&c off of a display model, so they just hand me saws in un-opened boxes.

Car dealers are the same way. Try getting the box from one of those assclowns.
I dread going to a dealer and having to deal with all the BS and lies and tricks! Ain't no way you can come out ahead of the game there. I had much better experiences buying machinery from the Vermeer dealer.

EVERY single dealer here within reasonable driving distance has a response like the following " you aint gettin the box ! " / " if we let you have the box we could loose our dealership " / " we don't have the box because we destroy them " / " it's against Stihl policy " / " insert BS answer of your choice here "

This box thing has to be one of the pettiest things I have ever seen a company do. Dealers making up BS lies about the box and on and on...

BoxGate is alive and well......
That's strange. When I bought my 400C a few months ago I requested the box so I could ship another saw I was selling. The dealer didn't even blink and gave me the box.

That's strange. When I bought my 400C a few months ago I requested the box so I could ship another saw I was selling. The dealer didn't even blink and gave me the box.
Well, best I can tell, there's a dealer that is putting their dealership at risk. Putting a different tool in the OEM box is exactly what Stihl is claiming they are worried about. I think its all BS from the dealers and Stihl.

I bought my MS500i a year ago for less than MSRP. Maybe the dealer looked up the price on the wrong saw. I paid $1180.
I assure you he didn't get the wrong price. I looked on stihls website ( which is really all dealer links ) and the price of every single dealer was $749.99.
The dealer told me prior to the covid, he would always give customers $30-50 off MSRP. Now, he said, considering he can't get stock, there will not be even one penny off of MSPR for the foreseeable future. They played the game of charging $10-30k over MSRP on new diesel trucks for as long as they could. It served them well for almost 2 years and the dealers CLEANED UP. I recently bought a new 3/4 ton chevy duramax and had to buy from an out of state dealer. Every dealer in the entire state of Florida were charging at a minimum of 10% over MSRP. It took me a couple of months to find a truck at a dealership in Tennessee that was not tacking anything onto MSRP so that's where I bought it. I refuse to pay over MSRP for anything.
I called GM and asked when they were going to put a stop to their dealers raping customers and they talked a good game but in the end did nothing.

Now that they have everyone paying MSRP ( car dealers / Stihl ) they will never go back to the way it was. The rich get richer and the working man gets poorer .

Well, best I can tell, there's a dealer that is putting their dealership at risk. Putting a different tool in the OEM box is exactly what Stihl is claiming they are worried about. I think its all BS from the dealers and Stihl.
I think the dealers are full of crap and that Stihl could care less what happens to the boxes they use for shipping.

Back