Can't start my 92cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jr27236

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks like an after market filter housing.
As for your problem. I wouldn't go and start and order parts that you are unsure if they are the issue. Its a kit saw and obviously you know what it takes to pull a cylinder and inspect the internals to make sure it is all ok. Then I'd make sure the impulse line is functioning properly.
You have spark.
You have fuel.
The next is air/compression. Which you say you have but is it compression or binding......PULL THE CYLINDER and check. It will take less time than all these posts you wrote.

jr27236

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes, someone earlier said they saw a big gap and it later dawned on me that he meant the coil gap and it was wider than it should be and I fixed it. It had been working but i corrected it
Let me ask the more experienced builders here.
Can a wider coil gap increase resistance in the coil and burn it out?
I know your seeing a blue spark(which is good) but maybe the coil is just not producing a hot enough spark now. I would check the coil with an ohm meter and see the reading and report back with it to see if it falls into specs.

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
I said I was not satisfied with the spark. I compared it to my 029 stihl and they were very different. so I have a new coil coming.

I did not flood engine by being a novice or stupid and impatient. I was surprised to see several tablespoons of fuel come out the spark plug hole.

I checked it tonight and it did not dribble fuel. So tomorrow it should be bone dry and I am betting it will flood again.

jr27236

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
I said I was not satisfied with the spark. I compared it to my 029 stihl and they were very different. so I have a new coil coming.

I did not flood engine by being a novice or stupid and impatient. I was surprised to see several tablespoons of fuel come out the spark plug hole.

I checked it tonight and it did not dribble fuel. So tomorrow it should be bone dry and I am betting it will flood again.
It might be me sensing your temperament with you reply, if im reading you wrong I apologise, but no one here called you an idiot, but ordering parts blindly will lead you to your own determination of that when you spent a ton of your money only to discover it was another issue all along. You need to learn and do proper diagnostics before just ordering parts.
Good luck too you.

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
It's probably rare that two things go wrong at once. I am sure the coil gap being wide could have shortened it's aftermarket life but it would not cause too much gas being introduced by the carb. that's a malfunctioning carb. The needles have only been messed with a few times. It's possible when I ran one of them in the first time I went to far. But remember it's got about 10hrs on it without issue.

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
It might be me sensing your temperament with you reply, if im reading you wrong I apologise, but no one here called you an idiot, but ordering parts blindly will lead you to your own determination of that when you spent a ton of your money only to discover it was another issue all along. Good luck too you.
You did read me wrong. Those are the only two causes I could think of.

I have spent money on a tool that I am going to stop there. I have not wasted a dime. I am sorry you got your feelings hurt

jr27236

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok Bedford lets try to refrain from the childish comments such as "sorry to hurt your feelings" I as others are trying to dope out you're issue and trying to help. As far as it goes maybe the saw does have spark and the saw does have fuel and air and all the good things that go with a running saw but the saw has one thing going against it, an operator who doesn't know how to properly start it...(yes, i said that) Go buy a real Stihl because for the money you gonna drop into some kit saw its gonna, if it didn't already amount to the cost of a real one.

hseII

hseII

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks like an after market filter housing.
As for your problem. I wouldn't go and start and order parts that you are unsure if they are the issue. Its a kit saw and obviously you know what it takes to pull a cylinder and inspect the internals to make sure it is all ok. Then I'd make sure the impulse line is functioning properly.
You have spark.
You have fuel.
The next is air/compression. Which you say you have but is it compression or binding......PULL THE CYLINDER and check. It will take less time than all these posts you wrote.

That's an NOS OEM cover: all the rage. [emoji38]

bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
davhul

davhul

ArboristSite Guru
Hey I've had a black case for years. Lol
2db58122427cf4f493bc0d93cf5797bb.jpg
d5d224631e7aad62d2b0fec354668619.jpg