Captive nuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcquade

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an echo 620pw. Has captive bar nuts. One was not straightening out so I pushed on it and the nut fell off the part inside the cover holding it. I never dealt with these. Could not find any youtube on them. How do these work? When this happens do you take a hammer and pop it back on? I saw replacements come with the part that goes in the hole and looks like you spread out the cut out metal on the bottom. This part is very intact on the cover so I will not mess with it. Does look like it takes a tool to get it on.

The dealer said why it came off is because you got to loosen each together. Part turn on one and part turn on another. The manual does not say this. At this point I am thinking if it falls off again, I ditch it and get the tried and true bar nuts

Any help from you all on how these work would be appreciated.

I have an echo 620pw. Has captive bar nuts. One was not straightening out so I pushed on it and the nut fell off the part inside the cover holding it. I never dealt with these. Could not find any youtube on them. How do these work? When this happens do you take a hammer and pop it back on? I saw replacements come with the part that goes in the hole and looks like you spread out the cut out metal on the bottom. This part is very intact on the cover so I will not mess with it. Does look like it takes a tool to get it on.

The dealer said why it came off is because you got to loosen each together. Part turn on one and part turn on another. The manual does not say this. At this point I am thinking if it falls off again, I ditch it and get the tried and true bar nuts

Any help from you all on how these work would be appreciated.
From the title, I thought you were going to get political! But honestly, I'd just run it back in taking care to not damage the cover.

Latest posts

Back