carb adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
To tune a saw, turn up the idle until the chain spins. Turn the l screw until you find the highest rpm, then readjust the idle. Check for throttle response, richen the l until you get the best throttle response. Then do the h, you sound like you have it figured out. Just run fresh mix to keep the carb clean...

Thanks for the quick response. When you say turn the L until the highest RPM, I'm not sure what you mean. Turn it until the chain spins? Thanks.

After you've turned up the idle with the idle screw, turn the l jet until the chain spins the fastest. It takes a bit finding the exact spot. You'll probably have to richen and lean it to find the spot.

Thanks for the quick response. When you say turn the L until the highest RPM, I'm not sure what you mean. Turn it until the chain spins? Thanks.
Be sure that when you finally get the carb adjusted, the chain does NOT spin around the bar while the engine is idling. A dealer did that for me about ten years ago and I never went back to him for anymore business. Now I adjust the carbs and tune up all my own saws.

To tune a saw, turn up the idle until the chain spins. Turn the l screw until you find the highest rpm, then readjust the idle. Check for throttle response, richen the l until you get the best throttle response. Then do the h, you sound like you have it figured out. Just run fresh mix to keep the carb clean...

:agree2: I also set the saw on the ground let idle 1min pick it up tip forward and side to side, I like mine as rich as possible on the low but not so rich it floods and dies after idle time, meaning to much fuel is puddling up !

Latest posts

Back