Carb intake boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berryman70

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have a quick and easy way of knowing if you have a bad carb boot on a husky, without taking it off? I found a bad one on a 335xpt the other day, but that was kind of easy to find, sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and it was coming out by the clamp. The 359's and 350's are what I'm having trouble with. They are a pain to take off.

Anyone have a quick and easy way of knowing if you have a bad carb boot on a husky, without taking it off? I found a bad one on a 335xpt the other day, but that was kind of easy to find, sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and it was coming out by the clamp. The 359's and 350's are what I'm having trouble with. They are a pain to take off.

You need to pressure test them. If they have the plastic clamp , they are prone to leaks. They also leak at the impulse nipple-to-cylinder inside the boot. Have to pressure test them.

You need to pressure test them. If they have the plastic clamp , they are prone to leaks. They also leak at the impulse nipple-to-cylinder inside the boot. Have to pressure test them.
Ok, on the pressure testing. Is there a tool or one that can be built to pressure test?

Don, brake or clutch bleeders work well, that's what we have in the shop...let me know if you need one. There's a thread on here somewhere about DIY vacuum/pressure testing.
I've also sprayed carb cleaner around the intake boot while the saw is idling, you'll hear the RPMs change if it starts sucking in the carb cleaner.
Did you figure out something for the degree wheel on your 288 yet?

Don, brake or clutch bleeders work well, that's what we have in the shop...let me know if you need one. There's a thread on here somewhere about DIY vacuum/pressure testing.
I've also sprayed carb cleaner around the intake boot while the saw is idling, you'll hear the RPMs change if it starts sucking in the carb cleaner.
Did you figure out something for the degree wheel on your 288 yet?
Thanks Kyle, What I've been having problems with lately is if a boot leak or crank case seals leak, yes do the carb cleaner spray trick. This is on my work saws and my neighbour saw, not mine. Got the wheel working and done. Told you I'd figure something else out. 288 will be a runner. Thanks I'll keep in touch.

Latest posts

Back