Carb issue, or???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
Reaction score
I'm working on another 020AVP I bought cheap off ebay not running for a project because I got a lot of spare parts for this model.
Here's what I rebuilt. Carb, impulse, fuel line, and rings.

Even with new rings comp is 130 and P&C looks great????

Here's the bigger issue. H screw needs to be bottomed out lean.
Saw will idle and I can keep it running for the most part but at times take off crazy like to WOT on its own and won't die. This acts like a air leak but with the H bottomed you would think it would run out of juice. I get response from all screws but seem to be chasing my ars. And at times it settles down to a decent tune but H screw still bottomed out.

HELP???? This has got me:dizzy:

The H needle seat is probably damaged from over tightening. I had a Tillotson on an 020 like that. It wouldn't run past half throttle, way too rich. Find another carb to try, I know, it's not easy to switch them around.
Also, had a MS 180 C-B that had a leaky impulse, it couldn't move enough fuel to run over 1/2 throttle and didn't exhibit air leak symptoms.

The H needle seat is probably damaged from over tightening. I had a Tillotson on an 020 like that. It wouldn't run past half throttle, way too rich. Find another carb to try, I know, it's not easy to switch them around.
Also, had a MS 180 C-B that had a leaky impulse, it couldn't move enough fuel to run over 1/2 throttle and didn't exhibit air leak symptoms.
I have another carb, Ill build it and try. Thanks.

You nailed it on the head. Took another carb body and rebuilt it. Running just fine. Went out cutting tonight.

Great saws, sweet deal! You wouldn't happen to know where i could find a top handle set?

Back