Carb issue, or???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer Gut

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
I'm working on another 020AVP I bought cheap off ebay not running for a project because I got a lot of spare parts for this model.
Here's what I rebuilt. Carb, impulse, fuel line, and rings.

Even with new rings comp is 130 and P&C looks great????

Here's the bigger issue. H screw needs to be bottomed out lean.
Saw will idle and I can keep it running for the most part but at times take off crazy like to WOT on its own and won't die. This acts like a air leak but with the H bottomed you would think it would run out of juice. I get response from all screws but seem to be chasing my ars. And at times it settles down to a decent tune but H screw still bottomed out.

HELP???? This has got me:dizzy:

XSKIER

XSKIER

Addicted to ArboristSite
The H needle seat is probably damaged from over tightening. I had a Tillotson on an 020 like that. It wouldn't run past half throttle, way too rich. Find another carb to try, I know, it's not easy to switch them around.
Also, had a MS 180 C-B that had a leaky impulse, it couldn't move enough fuel to run over 1/2 throttle and didn't exhibit air leak symptoms.

Beer Gut

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
The H needle seat is probably damaged from over tightening. I had a Tillotson on an 020 like that. It wouldn't run past half throttle, way too rich. Find another carb to try, I know, it's not easy to switch them around.
Also, had a MS 180 C-B that had a leaky impulse, it couldn't move enough fuel to run over 1/2 throttle and didn't exhibit air leak symptoms.
I have another carb, Ill build it and try. Thanks.

Beer Gut

Beer Gut

A Fine Pilsner
You nailed it on the head. Took another carb body and rebuilt it. Running just fine. Went out cutting tonight.

Latest posts