Carbides, port tool recomendations.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got my Farmertec ms440 kit. The chamfering on the ports could be better and would like to clean up a few spots. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive set of porting tools? Would prefer Amazon or ebay, but open to anything.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

the first several cylinders i ground on i used a dremel. ive since gotten into a harbor freight flex shaft motor (about same proce as dremel). there are some cheap handpieces on ebay. also cheap chinese carbide burrs.

A dremel will work but when you are looking for smooth operation and consistent cutting the leave a lot to be desired. I upgraded to a CC Specialties grinder and a smaller foredom flex shaft grinder for cut off wheels/other small bits.

If you really want to do transfers well get a right angle hand piece.

Buy AM cyls, used cyls, junk cyls and just grind...

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Didn't think to look at Harbor Freight for this stuff, there is one in my town o go to all the tome. The flex shaft motor looks like it would work well, and they have carbide burrs.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

The carbide rotary burr/files will help you rough in the areas and the small drum sanding kits will smooth them out. I hope you post pics. A older vintage b&d drill that turns 1,000 rpm works fine or any fast drill.

Latest posts

Back