Carlton Pro-Champ bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slednut3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
According to baileys, it looks like these are solid bars made by GB. What are everyone's opinions on these bars?

To the best of my knowledge they are GB bars. I like them esp. the 3/8" 20" mine use 70dl. I get 2" more reach than an 3/8" 18" 68dl with only 2 more cutters instead of the 3/8" 20" 72dl. Good bars. I think they are better than Oregon Power Match bars JMO.
Shep

Blount owns Oregon and Carlton .... how did GB get in the mix with Carlton?

Prior to Blount's acquisition of Carlton for peanuts (Carlton hit hard times as a result of its biggest customer Home Depot going to China for Carlton knock-offs), Carlton rebranded bars from several sources, including GB -- which also in the meantime has exported its production to China.

I have an NOS 30" Carlton Bush Champ labled large frame Homelite (Carlton 50 mount) hardnose bar. Has "made in Australia" on the packaging. My guess is that's GB...:cheers:

Prior to Blount's acquisition of Carlton for peanuts (Carlton hit hard times as a result of its biggest customer Home Depot going to China for Carlton knock-offs), Carlton rebranded bars from several sources, including GB -- which also in the meantime has exported its production to China.

Yes, I believe that is true! :msp_thumbup:

Back