Case damage, mag welding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually 1/8 for magnesium and aluminum. If you are doing fill work anything smaller will melt before you can get it to the puddle. If I'm welding 0.060" aluminum sheet or smaller I'll step down to a 3/32". I have 1/16" and I haven't used it in years.

LOL, too true!! But I stand by what I said.

Cool stuff. I love my TIG, I wish it had more power, its a 185, but does just fine for what I do. Oh, its a square wave and has really great cleaning action!! It has an auto setting which I mainly use, or you can adjust it as well, so you can be jealous of that!!!

A few years ago I bought a new Lincoln Precision Tig 275 with the cooler and I ordered the pulse panel at the same time. It had the widest amp range I could find at the time in single phase. It will go from 2-340 amp on both ac and dc. It wasn't cheap but I am glad that I did buy it. I had an older 300 amp Lincoln tig before but no pulse.
I just wish that I had pulse on my mig.

Later
Dan

A few years ago I bought a new Lincoln Precision Tig 275 with the cooler and I ordered the pulse panel at the same time. It had the widest amp range I could find at the time in single phase. It will go from 2-340 amp on both ac and dc. It wasn't cheap but I am glad that I did buy it. I had an older 300 amp Lincoln tig before but no pulse.

Later
Dan

Nice! I have the little bro to that, a precision TIG 185, it has pulse as well, never tried it.

Later
Dan

My shop also has a pulse mig with a push-pull whip. It's nice when you get it dialed in but most of the time all we can get it to do is weld the tip.

I'd like to get a square wave tig with pulse and ac balance but there are a few other purchases before that, like a vertical mill.

repped and subscribed!

It's fun to learn new stuff. I get a little lost on the welding lingo since I never took a class or used anything past my 1950-1960's arc welder and a hobart 140 mig...

Fished the welds today and prepared for paint. Overall they finished off ok. The 181 was a little low on the cylinder cover side but it will work.
IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

I keep forgetting that some guys actually have real jobs (yourself included). It's been so long since I've gotten an actual paycheck.....

Somehow, I seem to find the dough to adopt the occasional homeless old skool Husky tho....must be the sickness.

Latest posts

Back