Cases for chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello,

i am looking to buy a case for my stihl 041 and my echo cs346.

i dont need brand new, just functional to keep it out of the rest of the tools in the tool box and to that sort of thing. used to see plastic cases all the time, but not any more. looking for ideas.
thanks

EBAY, Search for in search "chainsaw case" :givebeer:
missing said:
hello,

i am looking to buy a case for my stihl 041 and my echo cs346.

i dont need brand new, just functional to keep it out of the rest of the tools in the tool box and to that sort of thing. used to see plastic cases all the time, but not any more. looking for ideas.
thanks

If you've got a Stihl dealer that repairs the older saws, he's probably got a bunch of the old cases. $10 is the going rate around here, but the freight kills you if you have to ship it!

I like the Dolmar cases. They're on the only ones I've seen that are still one piece. Open the lid and lift your saw out. No messing around with the seperate bar guard that Husky and Stihl have gone to.

Ian

Power box

I thought i liked the 1 piece until i bought the Husqvarna Power Box chainsaw case. I have 5 chainsaws and i can stack all the cases in the shop and it takes less room than 2 of the 1 piece cases. Sears Craftsman has the black power box cases and they are just like the husqvarna power box ceases except there just a little smaller. I think the Sears are like $29.

Rspike said:
I thought i liked the 1 piece until i bought the Husqvarna Power Box chainsaw case. I have 5 chainsaws and i can stack all the cases in the shop and it takes less room than 2 of the 1 piece cases. Sears Craftsman has the black power box cases and they are just like the husqvarna power box ceases except there just a little smaller. I think the Sears are like $29.

Spike how big a Husky can you put in those boxes..

04ultra said:
Spike how big a Husky can you put in those boxes..
372XP in the Husqvarna power boxes any bigger and i dont think it would fit. Unsure how much bigger the 385 ect , ect are to the 372XP . The Craftsman boxes are a LOT smaller.

Rspike said:
372XP in the Husqvarna power boxes any bigger and i dont think it would fit. Unsure how much bigger the 385 ect , ect are to the 372XP . The Craftsman boxes are a LOT smaller.

Are they like a double wall case where a guy could get a bigger power head in them with a little trimming..I found it only goes as big as the 575xp ...It wont work for me..

Last edited:
04ultra said:
Are they like a double wall case where a guy could get a bigger power head in them with a little trimming..I found it only goes as big as the 575xp ...It wont work for me..
Yep , double wall . Unsure of how much triming one could do. What model ya wanting to sick in there?

04ultra said:
Just looking for storage box's for a couple of 3120's just the power heads..
I heard some one mention using a rubbermaid container. I own a fabrication shop and thought about building chainsaw cases out of aluminum for the bigger chainsaws ................ Just haven't had the time . I used to store some of my chainsaws in a cooler that fit just right and had the handle and all then went to the power boxes .............. Just throwing ideas .

Rspike said:
I heard some one mention using a rubbermaid container. I own a fabrication shop and thought about building chainsaw cases out of aluminum for the bigger chainsaws ................ Just haven't had the time . I used to store some of my chainsaws in a cooler that fir just right and had the handle and all then went to the power boxes .............. Just throwing ideas .

Figure it up and let us know!!!! Been thinking about a jobox or something to that effect, but way to heavy!!! I am liking allum.!!! Something 2x3x2 high or thearabouts, enough to put in 2-3 saws and neceseties for a day!
Who knows, might have found you're niche?
Andy

Rspike said:
I heard some one mention using a rubbermaid container. I own a fabrication shop and thought about building chainsaw cases out of aluminum for the bigger chainsaws ................ Just haven't had the time . I used to store some of my chainsaws in a cooler that fit just right and had the handle and all then went to the power boxes .............. Just throwing ideas .

I have all my bigger power heads in rubbermaids...they stack nice ..was just wondering if there were any cases made for bigger saws then the 460's and 372/575's..Looks like the maid will stay...

THX

I use a Viet Nam vintage 76mm rocket case. It's basically a wood crate maybe 3 feet long and a foot square with a hinged lid and rope handles on the ends. I can fit an 028WB (16") and an 038AVS (20") in the case along with a gallon of bar oil and a good assortment of tools including a few wedges, scrench, chain filer, small axe, T27 Torx wrench, extra chains, extra bar, extra spark plug, can of marking paint, bottles of 2 stroke oil, gloves, etc. It's heavy as hell when full but with a jug of fuel mix and my PPE I have everything I need to go sawing.
Finnbear

Actually need something longe now that I think about it LOL!!
The rocket box sounds OK, but getting hard to find, still heavy and I can make my own out of wood. Wood is good, but steel's ideal, aluminun is nice, titaniun and you won't think twice!!
Andy

no case so far

went to one of the stihl dealers here in SA. mustang equipment. they do not have any cases. just cases for the new ones. so now it will be the hunt for the case.
i am trying to put one in a case so i can carry it in a tool box and not bank it around, spill oil and gas, or cut stuff up with the bar. plus if they cant see it, they might not steal it. i can lock it up to a bar inside.

thanks to the group. i will keep looking. maybe one will pop up.

The box is actually pretty light (empty). I picked it up at a gun show for $8 a couple years ago. I couldn't buy the 1x lumber and the hinges to make it for $8. It was one of those things where I was in the right place at the right time.
Finnbear

Powerbox

04ultra said:

I custom fitted my MS660 in one of those powerboxes and it worked out nice... Not much you can't do with those dremels :laugh:

I just bought a new Dolmar case for my 5100s it cost me $32.00.
But below is a link to my regular chainsaw case.
it hold up to 4 chainsaws, helmet, mixed gas, bar oil, chaps, rope, spare tools, just about anything you want to put into it. it even has a lock with keys.
I found this at Sams Club for $50.00

Latest posts

Back