ccw/cw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlynr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm building a log splitter and using a vertical shaft 11 hp b&s engine and need to know if a hydraulic motor is compatible with my engine as it turns ccw? I'm kinda new to splitters, but have used store bought ones. I want to split 24" wood. What size ram can I use and gpm pump with my engine. I am using a 4 gallon hyd tank. thanks in advance.

ps my main I beam is 1/4" thick and 4" x 8". Is it strong enuf?

i can't remember which way it goes, cw or ccw.

with a vertical shaft, you will have to make a bracket to mount the pump to the saw. not that hard. and use a lovejoy coupler.

i use a 4 inch ram, and it seems to split everything. sometimes you have to take two different goes at it, but the vast majority it just goes through.

I beams can be kind of weak for a splitter, if that is what you have. Some people say I beam when they have a H beam. A H beam is what you really want. A H beam will be more square when you look at it form the end, where as an I beam will be tall and skinny. 4x24 is a good cylinder for splitting like drmiller said. Can't help with the hydrolics. Hope this helps.

Sam

Thanks for the I beam info. I have some thick wall steam pipe and will probably reinforce the beam with it by welding along side where the horiz and vertical meet.

Latest posts

Back