Central Boiler users ever seen one of these??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nparch726

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
View attachment 285673

Just saw this on eBay for 30 some bucks, they call it a "Chimney Tee Restrictor Kit, Lowers burn rate for Classic Models"

Looks like its supposed to be installed in the chimney tee right out of the back of the firebox, I guess it makes sense in theory, just wondering if anybody's ever tried it.

I wouldn't wanna be the bonehead to put this thing in and have something go wrong, just found it kinda interesting.

Huh, just looked it up, and it is listed in the Central Boiler parts catalog, never seen such a thing!

The manual states that the smallest model of their Classic OWB uses that. I suspect the chimney is sized for the bigger firebox models, so needs the restriction to keep the draft correct.

My 5036 doesn't use it.

Jon

I have a 5036 also, mine doesn't have one now, but this looks like an add-on part.

The parts catalog says it is for use with the CL 4030, 5036, and 6048 models.

Just wondering if it would slow the burn rate in my 5036 enough to make it more efficient, or it's really not necessary? Not that I'm complaining about efficiency, I don't think it does too bad, but if I could slow the burn rate and burn a little less wood it might be worthwhile.

Trial and error option I think, just like the blower kit...Anybody wanna try one, I have one that's got maybe 48 hours on it.

Blazin, did you try the blower kit or the chimney restrictor? either way, obviously must not have like it too much, tell us about it

Blazin, did you try the blower kit or the chimney restrictor? either way, obviously must not have like it too much, tell us about it

Blower kit, waste of money on a CB as far as I'm concerned. Up the chimney!

We installed the CL 4030 for my Grandfather's house and that model came with the restrictor and we get along just fine and love the boiler. He no longer has to do much with it-----we can take care of loading it once or twice per day.

Ron

Back