central mn (staples mn) gtg. early april...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who was the feller with these at the meet with a yeller truck?

Attachments

• DSCN2711.JPG
    DSCN2711.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 14
there was a local craigslist ad awhile back that had a nos xl12 still in the box .
That's a nice addition to a collector saw.
good price back in 69

Chisago county fair I think. May have to look at the Sarahdodgegeek profile and view post. I really want to go Friday is a bs and cut day Saturday is cut then go to a town north for races. They will have brackets for saw displacements. Classics, stock saw, mod saw. Seen some youtube vids of it and looked like a great time on a flatbed trailer. From the looks of it they cut lots of cants. Might have my son or 2 run a few of my saws and pete. Then me too.

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...share_tid=231778&share_fid=16367&share_type=t
Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Post 5474 has the detail. There's also a thread on another forum, if you're a member, and on our redneck saw racers Facebook page... Below is a link to that as well, we update most of the local events. I slacked on getting the staples gtg on there, but there's a bunch of stuff we do local.

https://m.facebook.com/RedneckSawRacers/

DSCN2716.JPG DSCN2716.JPG I didn't get the guide just the empty envelope. My guess it was a guide that sat on your bar and chain while you file away. The part number is on the envelope. I had no Idea these old Homelite's saws sold new with Oregon chains.

Attachments

• DSCN2717.JPG
    DSCN2717.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 8
aPlOsfDC9qMrTuVy1OdQKsql2VD6M29ENBS-MUZckT9KtzcDNaXB6kTkXdBjCbaP8t7aZanJVtzKC9AkpdL6_dIFM5J0TDkv5Kz5JOCHNK3F=s0-d-e1-ft

Well, I got it. Now what will I do with it?
Its cool but I am trying to get my Granberg in action and I really do not need to go backwards... On the other hand, the Granberg was likely designed years before this thing!

I like my Oregon 511a grinder I'll never go back to hand filing except for scratcher chain. That way the cutters stay the same length on both sides.
I forget the model oregon I have but I'm the same way. I like knowing I have consistency. No guessing. No counting strokes. Sharpen and go

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like my Oregon 511a grinder I'll never go back to hand filing except for scratcher chain.
I usually grind chains; often in batches. But I 'grind as I file and file as I grind' (take the round profiled edge of the wheel to the same depth as a file would go) so that I can touch them up in the field with a file.

But I do like trying and using other sharpening methods, including the Granberg style clamp-on guides. Everyone has to find a method that works for them.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back