Central Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know I've been off the forum for a while. So long in fact it looks different. I've got the bug to hold another GTG only this time in warmer weather. So I'm posting for a show of hands for anyone interested in a late May date. Somewhere near Memorial day was my thoughts. It will be pretty much like my others with 8 and 10 inch racing cants and a variety of rounds to cut on. 1 Day event with gathering about 9AM, general cutting and bull sh*t,lunch about noonish, and racing in the afternoon.

I know I've been off the forum for a while. So long in fact it looks different. I've got the bug to hold another GTG only this time in warmer weather. So I'm posting for a show of hands for anyone interested in a late May date. Somewhere near Memorial day was my thoughts. It will be pretty much like my others with 8 and 10 inch racing cants and a variety of rounds to cut on. 1 Day event with gathering about 9AM, general cutting and bull sh*t,lunch about noonish, and racing in the afternoon.

Hmm, about a 6hr ride. Maybe!

Put a date on it and we will see. Too close to Memorial day though could be a problem as we useally do family camping trips then.

I might be persuaded, depending on how far north you are from Cincy. Of course, I still may not have any of my saws here by then.

I sure would like to go! If it is earlier May, it is a possibility for me. I dont what the future holds at the moment, there a lot of changes happening at work. I will try, and have a couple personal days saved back for the occasion. Sure would like to meet some more of you guys.

Been a long time since I've been back. Except for a Sister in NM, all my family hails from the BG area.
Will keep an eye on this GTG, maybe it's time to see my folks.

Like everybody else here, It's hard for me to say for sure, but i'd like to come out and see what these things are all about. besides it's only a short drive

I'm located in Amanda, OH. I realize this is kinda of far off but that way it can be flexible on the dates. And I know the holiday weekend is not usually the best time so I'm saying anywhere 2wks before to 2 weeks after. And thats not written in stone either.

I'm located in Amanda, OH. I realize this is kinda of far off but that way it can be flexible on the dates. And I know the holiday weekend is not usually the best time so I'm saying anywhere 2wks before to 2 weeks after. And thats not written in stone either.

Sounds like it would be a good one for me to cut my teeth on and meet some of you illustrious folks! I'll be watching for more details and a final date -- and hope to make it.

:cheers:

Poge

Ya, let's keep the thread active and think about a date here in the coming month. I'm sure I will be very busy with treework once May comes around and will have to adjust my schedule.

I'm just really happy to see you willing to hold another GTG! There has been a rumblings about having another W PA/ Ohio GTG this spring, so this should work for all.

Latest posts

Back