Ceramic Bearings?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many more ways dose it take to explain that ceramics are a far superior bearing? [QUOTE
The dispute doesnt center on properties, but rather on claims made.
The fact that The Helsels had failures and apparently som RC guys as well isnt really central to the core of the argument.
5-7% is a pretty large gain. Especially given the gain purportadly comes form a redcution in friction and the resulting heat generated.
Lakeside was on to something when he brang up this issue in the begining.

Hey ben, seeings how you did not answer me back on the IM you sent me I will ask you again in here.
I can not copy the IM as it is against the rules So I will answer it here and corner you into answering it back in public.

No, I have never had Helsel build me a head. Why do you ask and what does that have to do with anything?

How many more ways dose it take to explain that ceramics are a far superior bearing? [QUOTE
The dispute doesnt center on properties, but rather on claims made.
The fact that The Helsels had failures and apparently som RC guys as well isnt really central to the core of the argument.
5-7% is a pretty large gain. Especially given the gain purportadly comes form a redcution in friction and the resulting heat generated.
Lakeside was on to something when he brang up this issue in the begining.

I know a few guys who have been ripped off by a guide service in Canada. Does this men that every one should not go to your competitors? I m not saying anything about your daddy's outfit because I have never used it or tried it myself. I would personally have to have experience before I would spout off about things that I knew nothing of.

Just what that implies...a person that doesnt research before he spends is a fool.

What? Just researching it here is good info! Calling a site Sponsors costumers a fool, surprised your still here!

Thats a good one Benny :laugh: We all know where your nose has been and still is!!! We have some of the fastest chainsaws in the world. Not to pop your bubble Benny but they are all running ceramic bearings.

Rick

Sorry Benny I forgot you don't like racing saws

Maybe you are not paying attention, but I dont think the Helsels are so keen to ceramic bearings now.

And your point?

I know a few guys who have been ripped off by a guide service in Canada. Does this men that every one should not go to your competitors? I m not saying anything about your daddy's outfit because I have never used it or tried it myself. I would personally have to have experience before I would spout off about things that I knew nothing of.

Last edited:
Hey ben, seeings how you did not answer me back on the IM you sent me I will ask you again in here.
I can not copy the IM as it is against the rules So I will answer it here and corner you into answering it back in public.

No, I have never had Helsel build me a head. Why do you ask and what does that have to do with anything?

Now I understand; You say that Rick Helsel told you that I wanted to buy a head off of him. Close but not quite. I am backed up to my gills and booked out for almost 3 months and mentioned to him and another builder that if they wanted the work I would sub some out to them.

Question for you is: What doe that have to do with anything? What business is it of yours and why would you PM me about it?

If ceramic really does give a boost to HP (even a few %), I'd assume every racing bike on the planet would have them?.

So.. do they? (I have no idea BTW)...

He doesn't have one. He thinks name dropping somehow reinforces his argument.

Yep I got you fine there Jared,,,,,, u must be refering to ooH Ben Wannna beeeeee nobie internet saw racer Extrodinare!!!!!!!! dang I mispelled a word!!!

I just hate when that happens,,,, where is the college professor, Mechanical engineer, bearing expert, internet saw racer's buddy when ya need him????

Dean you been reading up on this stuff on the internet too?????

oh I forgot you can actually build a saw!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
just about every high end racing machine has ceramic bearings in them. I didn't come up with this on my own.
Which "high end" machines might you be refering to?
I raced snowmobiles and bikes. Never seen one set in either , nor knew any one that used them in that application. Am certain none come form the factory with them.

Last edited:
Now I understand; You say that Rick Helsel told you that I wanted to buy a head off of him. Close but not quite. I am backed up to my gills and booked out for almost 3 months and mentioned to him and another builder that if they wanted the work I would sub some out to them.

Question for you is: What doe that have to do with anything? What business is it of yours and why would you PM me about it?

We'll move on when yu answer this first.

where is the college professor, Mechanical engineer, bearing expert, internet saw racer's buddy when ya need him????

I just looked at your profile for the first time. It told me everything I needed to know about your state of knowledge. Isn't the Senior QA Inspector the one who gets coffee for the engineers? :rockn:

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Read this whole thread, something I rarely do with any thread. I got no clue who is right, who is wrong and to be honest don't really care. I have to admit though that ole Ben is one tuff cookie. Regardless of anything else I respect a man that stands his ground and refuses to back down whether he's right or wrong. There's alot of pride in this thread, wow. Hats off to Ben and Dean both, warriors I say..

Good ole Dean is on the edge.He is always looking for improvements for engines .Dean is a doer.

Ben,being Ben and has always been Ben,does what Ben always does,debate.If Dean,in praticular,said the world was round,Ben would debate that it is not pefectly round.If Ben,being Ben,did not do this,Ben would not be Ben.

Having been on many sites with Ben ,I have never seen Ben not be Ben.To coin a phrase,been there.

Good ole Dean is on the edge.He is always looking for improvements for engines .Dean is a doer.

Ben,being Ben and has always been Ben,does what Ben always does,debate.If Dean,in praticular,said the world was round,Ben would debate that it is not pefectly round.If Ben,being Ben,did not do this,Ben would not be Ben.

Having been on many sites with Ben ,I have never seen Ben not be Ben.To coin a phrase,been there.

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: .......Spot on.....

Back