Chain Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did any of those chains help homie cut 3 million trees?:biggrinbounce2:

Thanks for the credit 2000, but it seems your memory is fooling you, I estimated 2 million in my glorious woodcutting career, but then to an hourly paid TECHNICAN 3 or 2 million would be the same.

I sure wouldn't have done it with that slow pig of a Stihl chain.

Remember what I said....... Stihl does not have the technology or resources to build a lightweight strong chain like Oregon does. Lighter, thinner makes better chip flow and a superior faster cutting action. Oregon has the superior metallurgy, proven from their lighter thinner streamlined chain, If Stihl tried to lighten up their RS chain it would be an embarrassment!! So now who has the superior metallurgy?? Stihl is always playing catchup with Oregon. If there was no Oregon we would still be running chipper or even worse scratcher chain if Stihl had their way.

Well the heavy rain quit so now off to work

Willard:biggrinbounce2:

Did any of those chains help homie cut 3 million trees?:biggrinbounce2:

We should just run on out and buy us some Oregon chain if we want to catch up!

Why that chain has to be fast!

If you cut a tree a minute, and worked 40 hour weeks, 50 weeks a year. It would take you 25 years to cut 3 million trees.

Tip your hat among the peasants of graveness!

Thanks for the credit 2000, but it seems your memory is fooling you, I estimated 2 million in my glorious woodcutting career, but then to an hourly paid TECHNICAN 3 or 2 million would be the same.

I sure wouldn't have done it with that slow pig of a Stihl chain.

Remember what I said....... Stihl does not have the technology or resources to build a lightweight strong chain like Oregon does. Lighter, thinner makes better chip flow and a superior faster cutting action. Oregon has the superior metallurgy, proven from their lighter thinner streamlined chain, If Stihl tried to lighten up their RS chain it would be an embarrassment!! So now who has the superior metallurgy?? Stihl is always playing catchup with Oregon. If there was no Oregon we would still be running chipper or even worse scratcher chain if Stihl had their way.

Well the heavy rain quit so now off to work

Willard:biggrinbounce2:

You are full of **** as usual, 2 million trees? LOLOLOLOL:monkey:

You are correct on the tech part, but I'm on flat rate. That means I don't make anything unless the wrenches are turning, we are freaking slow too.:cry: That's ok though, it will work out in the end.

I laugh at your thoughts of thinking so less of Stihl chain when you know it's the best. Oregon may have created the "chain" idea but Stihl made it better. So tell me what has Stihl done to make you have so much hate towards the brand? Did Han's bitc* slap you for being a idiot?

Thanks for the credit 2000, but it seems your memory is fooling you, I estimated 2 million in my glorious woodcutting

I figured up some math to see how many trees that would be over time.

100 trees a day, everyday(100X365)for 54.8 years, comes out to 2,000,200 trees. 200 over 2 mil. I believe a pro faller could fall 100 a day but the rest is far fetched.

Do you work Sundays homie?:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :dizzy: :dizzy:

100 trees a day, everyday(100X365)for 54.8 years, comes out to 2,000,200 trees. 200 over 2 mil. I believe a pro faller could fall 100 a day but the rest is far fetched.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Had to work Sundays, how else you get time to fit in ...

Logger[faller],Technical services manager for Stihl Canada 1989 ,sawmiller,lumbergrader,Licensed Manitoba arborist.

And maybe a little fishing,,, if the fish bite at night.

attachment.php

Do Husky saws have head-lights?

Last edited:
Yep you Stihl boys sure love to change the subject to divert the attention on the subject that I was proving that Stihl sawchain is inferior to Oregon, ha ha ha ha !!!!!

We all know Stihl chain is the best, built better and lasts longer. Have you got to 3 million trees yet?:ices_rofl:

We all know Stihl chain is the best, built better and lasts longer. Have you got to 3 million trees yet?:ices_rofl:

LOL from you'r sig it says your 26 yrs old , boy I'm sure the members on this site look up to a snotty nosed kid for advice........not.

Why don't you stick to a skateboarding site or something in that line.:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL from you'r sig it says your 26 yrs old , boy I'm sure the members on this site look up to a snotty nosed kid for advice........not.

Why don't you stick to a skateboarding site or something in that line.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yup, 26 and I give respect to many here as I do anyone else. I work and play hard so I don't need to BS my way through as you. So how about giving up on the lies and BS, sit back, have a cold one and talk like you have some sense.

Yep you Stihl boys sure love to change the subject to divert the attention on the subject that I was proving that Stihl sawchain is inferior to Oregon, ha ha ha ha !!!!!

Hommie Stretch

You have some tenacity!

Showing you a couple reasons why I think Stihl chain works best for me, you offer opinions and stretch truth. Funny how an Oregon chain user thinks s t r e t c h i n g things is good?

You have been challenged for your lack of integrity, and by tossing all the 'Stihl boys' opinions as secondary to yours shows us something about you.

If anything, your show a reason to not run Oregon chain.

Running chainsaws since the 60's, and I can remember the day in the 70's and how much snow was on the ground when I first spun a loop of Stihl chain!

I dunno. I've had good luck with Oregon, but it doesn't seem to hold up as well as Stihl or Carlton. Kind of like what these other guys are saying.

Dad used to sound like you until he started buying Stihl chain. Now he doesn't buy Oregon anymore. Not that he was that rabid, but he just "always" bought Oregon chain. Again, nothing wrong with it, I've just had better results with the other two.

And Saw Troll is right, the Vangard stuff sucks. Okay until you need to take down the rakers.

Mark

Back