Chain Saw Carry Case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivadesl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can get a carry case to fit an MS-660? I just bought this saw used, (in excellent shape :) and would like to keep it from getting banged up in my truck. Stihl's case only fits up to the MS-460. I kind of like the kind Husky sells, which are kinda boxy looking, but have much more room than Stihl's. I didn't see any in Baily's. Thanks.

I take the bar off my 044 Stihl and put the head in an action packer. The action packer also holds the 24" bar after it's been removed from the saw. A bigger bar wouldn't fit, but bars are easier to store than the whole chainsaw.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/103-4974371...ffeeresearch5839-20&index=garden&link_code=qs

My action packer is the 24 gallon size. You might need the 35 or 48 gallon variety. The action packer holds the chainsaw head plus a lot of other stuff. I have a gallon of bar oil and a small gas can. The action packer allows me to put the gas, bar oil, and chainsaw inside my Toyota 4runner. I was always worried that the gas smell would cause my black Labrador (and me) trouble. No problem with the action packer.

Jon

7900 box

I had one of those husky boxes so i cut out some of the inside and my 7900 fits with a 24 bar. I would imagine that the 660 is not too much bigger and if you modify the box a little you should be good to go.

K

Cut part of the top out of one of the black Stihl boxes. Now my 385xp fits in reach thru hole in top grab saw handle and away you go.

Excellent ideas guys, thanks. Just don't understand why cases aren't made for the bigger saws, but oh well. I may be partial to the action packer, cause it is plastic, and wont get messed up by or absorb leaking fluids. Also, looks pretty rain resistant, which I also prefer. Ideally I would like to keep the bar on the saw when in the case, so I may try to modify the case to accommodate a scabbard. Thanks again guys, time to go shopping.:clap:

Latest posts

Back