chain saw chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally 12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Are there any brand of chaps better than another?
the Stihl brand as good as Husky and others?
I want to get some sort of safety pants and just wanted some opinions.
How about the chaps vs. the denium jeans with pads sewn in and so on.

Thanks Todd

There's a couple of threads on chaps. Just do a search on "chaps" and they'll come up. That's how I ended up getting the Labonville standard orange chaps and for $50 bucks I get to keep my legs in one piece.

yes, Labonville, competition chaps are superior!
almost twice thickness as my stihl chaps.

custom made to order, only costing slight more than std chaps (aprox $80). how much is your leg worth?

Asked for and got the Labonville green chaps for Christmas. Havn't had the chance to use them yet but they're sure comfy to walk around the house in. :D

They also have a nice little demo video on their site showing how chaps work.

+1 (at least) for Labonville. I have the green wrap 6-ply, they're very comfortable and easy to work in. Buy them, don't look back, be safe. The videos are an eye-opener.

I am glad I saw this thread I have sortof been looking for chaps but not hard enough obviously.

I just placed an order from Labonville after reading what you guys said and watching their video whats $75 compared to a knee etc (since I have experience there) I didnt realize they worked so good.

I have cut my left knee cap twice now with my 372 20" over the years when I am tired and slacking off and not thinking (bad bad move), the saw PULLS itself into your skin when it grabs your jeans I found out the hard way so I will be protected now from myself hopefully.

Latest posts

Back