Chain wont stay tight on Stihl 021

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old 021?

I'm jumping into this late here, but my ancient 021's original side plate was PLASTIC. It eventually wore out after repeated (years) torquing of the bar nuts. When I bought a replacement, the newer Stihl cover had metal grommets where simple holes in the plastic used to be (big improvement). Are you sure it's eight years old and not 18?

Thanks for posting up some pics Fish. I spent $280Aus getting my 021 serviced and they gave it back to me with a sprocket that makes the one on the left look like a new one. I have since rung them and told them that I'm a bit peeved and they are looking into it for me. In Oz $280 is nearly half the price of the new equivalent.

Is there any way of finding out the age of the saw? Mine is one which has the tool free chain adjuster.

Thanks

my buddy was having this happen to him with a 61 husky. his chain tensioner was broken or something. fixed the problem with a $1 part. hope thats all you need x.x

Disclaimer: No dogs were actually harmed in the making of this photo.......

Why?

My mother asked that a lot.......

She has my utmost sympathy. Good to hear the dogs werent harmed. Why post it on this thread. Bucktoothed dogs have nothing to do with chain tension. Do they? :)

She has my utmost sympathy. Good to hear the dogs werent harmed. Why post it on this thread. Bucktoothed dogs have nothing to do with chain tension. Do they? :)
Why you gotta green machine for a
avatar picture in a tree trimming site?

Cheetos-1.gif

Actually, you hit it right on the head there Rookie.

Why indeed????

If I had not brought this thread back up, another question of the same/type
would pop up again, and the cycle would start again, and some member would
convince the poster that his crank was bent.

I just injected a bit of humor, to get everyone to read it again, and not repost the same question, which I have responded to dozens of times here.

Or I just injected some humor, just because I like to, either way, same
results.....

Latest posts

Back