Chainsaw abuse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be a great customer to have if you owned the local saw shop.:jawdrop:
For my .02 I'd rent a stump grinder & bid the job that way.

A C

nothing like trashing $150 worth of bars and chains, and possibly more in the powerheads, getting totally dirty for making what, about $150????

where do you think those ms660 and 066 on e-bay come from...the saw fairies

"Lookin good" :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

surprising

i am just amazed that guys like that stay in buisness but i am sure they done it for next to nothing......

10-20 minutes worth of digging, less than one chain consumed, the bar, the rim will do lots of stumps.

In and out in less than 1 hour easy, less than $30.00 expense tops, no rentals, and no extra trips. If the saw breaks doing that it is the operator's fault not the task.

He should use some PPE, wedges and keep his freaking hands clear but other than that it is not a big deal.

I did not watch the video but cutting small stumps out is not hard, can be cheap and is fairly common.

I tend to make 3 or 4 cuts in at an angle so that I can clear the stump deeper with less digging, upside down pyramid. Take multiple chains so I do not have to hand sharpen and get multiple stumps from each chain. Just stop using the chain when it stops biting and swap it out for a sharp one.

I have a stump grinder, it is handy but the saw can be easy, cheaper and faster.

:agree2:
10-20 minutes worth of digging, less than one chain consumed, the bar, the rim will do lots of stumps.

In and out in less than 1 hour easy, less than $30.00 expense tops, no rentals, and no extra trips. If the saw breaks doing that it is the operator's fault not the task.

He should use some PPE, wedges and keep his freaking hands clear but other than that it is not a big deal.

I did not watch the video but cutting small stumps out is not hard, can be cheap and is fairly common.

I tend to make 3 or 4 cuts in at an angle so that I can clear the stump deeper with less digging, upside down pyramid. Take multiple chains so I do not have to hand sharpen and get multiple stumps from each chain. Just stop using the chain when it stops biting and swap it out for a sharp one.

I have a stump grinder, it is handy but the saw can be easy, cheaper and faster.

:agree2: Cut most of mine out too. Its hard on chains but I buy them to use !

It's not so much the saw abuse that gets me but it's guys like that ruin the profession. I really like the fact that they were using water instead of bar oil and hay sense they dug that far why not just dig out the stump? Can you imagine what that chain looked like:jawdrop: Truly a sad day for us all!

Back