Chainsaw bar scabbard needed for 24" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Husky 272 XP that has a 24" bar on it, i do not have a bar / chain protector on it and have been having rouble finding one big enough, does someone sell longer scabbards / protectors for a longer bar than 20 inches? Any help / replies appreciated.

Kieth, I have ones that are like 18", I know Stihl makes longer ones. I have been getting firewood with a full size blazer cause my truck is broken, I take my dog and don't want him to cut his paws. I put my saw chaps on top and around the bar, this works. You can always cut a slit into flexible black plastic pipe and use that, watch your fingers doing this. 272 Is a good saw, I like them.

In the meantime, take cardboard and duck tape to make a simple; but, really neat scabbard for your saw. Cost is nil and easily replaced in a few months or a year or so.

I have a husky 28" scabbard on my 32" bar. My dealer just had one.

Another common scabbard is a length of old fire hose.

Husky do a 28" one your dealer should have one or be able to order it. I've not seen a long STIHL one they normally come as a 15" open section that you can shove a regular bar cover in front of.

Stihl has several different lenghts of bar covers, and also different length extensions for them.

Here is a 24" Husky one.

Last edited:
Pack shack, Boulder Creek Packs, Ruffian Specialties all make ones out of cordura with padding, and leather for the muffler all around $50. I just use old fire hose that the local FD was going to throw away, it's FREE!!
Onelick

Back