Chainsaw bar scabbard needed for 24" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith42

Keith42

ArboristSite Lurker
I have a Husky 272 XP that has a 24" bar on it, i do not have a bar / chain protector on it and have been having rouble finding one big enough, does someone sell longer scabbards / protectors for a longer bar than 20 inches? Any help / replies appreciated.

clearance

clearance

Addicted to ArboristSite
Kieth, I have ones that are like 18", I know Stihl makes longer ones. I have been getting firewood with a full size blazer cause my truck is broken, I take my dog and don't want him to cut his paws. I put my saw chaps on top and around the bar, this works. You can always cut a slit into flexible black plastic pipe and use that, watch your fingers doing this. 272 Is a good saw, I like them.

West Texas

West Texas

ArboristSite Guru
In the meantime, take cardboard and duck tape to make a simple; but, really neat scabbard for your saw. Cost is nil and easily replaced in a few months or a year or so.

Onelick

Onelick

ArboristSite Member
Pack shack, Boulder Creek Packs, Ruffian Specialties all make ones out of cordura with padding, and leather for the muffler all around $50. I just use old fire hose that the local FD was going to throw away, it's FREE!!
Onelick

Latest posts