chainsaw chain won't tighten

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor97

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have one of the new husqvarna's (562XP) and when I try to adjust it after loosening the bar nuts, the screw turns all the way to the right and the chain is still not tight. It tightens up but not all the way before I run out of thread. Any ideas?

I have one of the new husqvarna's (562XP) and when I try to adjust it after loosening the bar nuts, the screw turns all the way to the right and the chain is still not tight. It tightens up but not all the way before I run out of thread. Any ideas?

Have your dealer remove one drive link. The chain has stretched/worn from use.

Actually, I have experienced something similar on my brand new 562XP with a brand new bar and chain. I haven't dug into the issue yet to see what's going on. I don't think I'm running out of adjustment, but something appears to be binding. I've always managed to get it tensioned, but have struggled at times to do so. Only on my 5th tank of gas, so haven't had too many reasons to mess with it yet. If I find something I'll let you know.

had a reoccurring problem on a husky 460.. argued with the saw shop that it was the chains! after going through all the possible's one at a time it turned out to be the drive gear? new saw had a spur gear and had it changed over to a rim wheel for ease of field changing! that's when after the 3rd chain every chain would work up to about 1/3 wear! stretched to the maxxxxxxxxx? 5 chains later, put the old spur gear back on and no looking back? sometimes things were not meant to be changed or reinvented!

Latest posts

Back