Chainsaw gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of the gloves that are chainsaw rated are left hand rated only, I understand the reasoning. Just would seem kinda weird wearing two different gloves.

I'm goin to get a pair of stihl gloves and some arbortec. Two pairs of each, for me and my dad.

Remember that even the most fancy expensive gloves aren't going to protect your hands from a chainsaw unless they are designed with that purpose in mind.

A lot of the gloves that are chainsaw rated are left hand rated only, I understand the reasoning. Just would seem kinda weird wearing two different gloves.

I'm goin to get a pair of stihl gloves and some arbortec. Two pairs of each, for me and my dad.

the only difference is a 3/8" thick pad on the back of your left hand. once they are broken in(30 minutes of work) you barely notice it.

I'm not one to preach safety to anyone, so I hope your luck continues:cheers:

I dont either , i someone wants to cut naked i really could care less , my accident came from bein in a big hurry for absolutely no reason..tryin to get a dead hickory tree bucked up before dark for a bonfire..it was just my stupidity nothin else.

What is the brand? I can't make it out on this computer. I usually wear goatskin gloves, but should probably upgrade also. Would like more comments on the gloves before spending $$$ on the wrong ones.

They're branded as Echo gloves. Not sure who makes them though. I've looked at a lot of different ones and haven't seen any others exactly like these. The Stihl ones are close though but the leather seems a lot tougher in the Echo gloves. They're available at all the Ace Hardware stores here in town.

Well folks as promised here are some pictures. Now looking a three of the makes they are identical . These are the Oregon, Eco-Warrior , and Arbortec.

Gloves%20Mix%204_zpsmpxrkhzc.jpg

Gloves%20Mix%203_zpsjkxqytnq.jpg

The Huskys were not any longer lasting than the cheapest pair which to be honest was only €5 difference between the dearest and cheapest.

These haven't been broken in yet but thus far I find them reasonably comfortable.

SIP%201_zpsnzxwgodo.jpg

this is the most common wear pattern my son and I have experienced.

eco%20warrior%202_zpssf7laz01.jpg

So there you go folks this is my experience of gloves. I normally wear chaps, gloves and helmet with hearing protection and face screen.
Remember that 3min at 100 dB results in permanent hearing damage. Here a 85dB an employer must supply and ensure employees wear it in the work place. Every 3dB sound pressure doubles so 100dB is 10times more damaging than the legal limit and most saws I've used are 100dB +

I think mechanics wear, matco and snap on all make Kevlar reinforced gloves. I had a pair and I really liked them. They were lightly insulated and had hard protection on the top nuckles and extra on the others. After seeing your pictures the cost is no longer a reason to keep me from buying another pair now.
Yep
I wear Mechanix style gloves.
Plenty dexterous

I've tried a bunch of different gloves and I think these are about the best I've had.

Kevlar in the top, very flexible like the mechanic type gloves, padded palms to help with vibration, and leather palms and fingers. They're very comfortable and you can still use your hands.

They don't hold up great for handling thick barked wood like the oak we have here so when I'm done cutting I swap out to some cheap leather gloves to load the truck.

Not a cheap date, about $30.00 but nice. I think the Stihl ones are similar but the pair I had didn't hold up as well as these.

Glad there was minimal damage to your hand.

Also glad the grumpy know it all is gone, thank you.
What brand are these? I can't make it out on my phone.
I currently use a generic tradesman gloves for cutting, that have padding in certain areas of the palm but no protection on back of hand. I also switch out to cheap runner grip gloves for handling wood. I get mine from lowes and about $5 for three pair.

I didn't notice someone had already asked. Was reading this thread this morning before falling asleep. I work overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the stihl site they say protection differs from size and model of saw, pressure, and time of contact
That's the thing about it . Just be as careful as possible and stuff STILL happens. I wearing Harbor Freight cottons today. Yep. Dumb!

On the stihl site they say protection differs from size and model of saw, pressure, and time of contact
Before anyone picks up a saw they should google "chainsaw accidents" and click images, it's helps me be extra careful. Not for weak stomachs!

Back