Chainsaw hibernation: rather important question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Ukraine offline for whatever time, there is no surplus today. Not only that Ukraine was one of the largest growers of field corn, wheat and soybeans but they had /have a corner on Urea production, which is why it went from 15 bucks per 50 pound sack (last spring) to over 50 buckds this spring. Gotta pay to ply but tell that to consumers and all they reply with is whining about high prices at the grocery store. Of course food is high now. The dollar is in the dumper, the government is basically bankrupt and without a good supply of urea at a reasonable cost, prices will continue to rise. How it works,

farmers (like me aren't stupid and it takes an astute businessman to just break even.

Farming is a terrible profession and I ought to know.

Guess 'marketing wank' whatever that is, is over the top for a 2 buck spray can of fogging oil...lol
$2 is $2 That I didn't spend on a gimmick so? mist some Diesel or Kerosene and you've probably got the same effect.
Sounds like a case of limited exposure working on engines.
Ok. still not wasting money on a gimmick.

Some good answers, this is what i do with my saws that may not be used for a few years, as I only ever use Aspen fuel its not as critical because this fuel lasts years with no problems. Take the plug out put some oil in the cylinder and give it a few slow pulls then put the plug back in, empty the chain oil and make sure everything is clean and oiled, then store in a bag or sack so it keeps dust off but can breath. Done this for 40 years and never had any problems. Before I used Aspen I was ignorant and used petrol so emptied the tank and carb then done as above. Aspen makes storage so much easier....... but it costs more! But not if you can pick up a saw thats been on a shelf for 5 years and starts as if its been there five days. Or you could think im not spending that on fuel and stick with petrol and spend half a day trying to get your saw running, your choice :lol:

Ethanol also attracts water... kinda like how your bottle of 40% alcohol booze never separates the way gas in a glass of water will (remember the fuel bowls on the old gas tractors? Could actually see the water collect in the bottom with the gas floating on top)

Also don't like ethonal corn replacing food corn in our fields... that's food production being put in cars. Not to mention that removing the whole stock and shipping it away means no organic matter going back into the soil. On out farm the animals eat the feed, and the manure goes back on the fields to complete the cycle.

Back