Chainsaw of the Week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi there, I found this cool saw near Duluth Minnesota.It belonged to none other than Robert Zimmerman, a.k.a Bob Dylan.
Anyway, I managed to pry the saw away from Bob in exchange for dumping a couple of birch trees in his back yard. I ripped a few boards out of the butt log so he had material for his next guitar. I think the saw is a real classick.
John

The 621 was purchased by Bob in 1979 and I dont think he used it much. Does anyone know about this saw? It has an ingenious chainbreak, it doesnt engage, but rather stops the clutch and shuts off the ignition at the same time that it is moved forward. It has a cylindrical brass filter like you would find on a Stihl 08S.
Anyway, I like this Johnnyred.

Johnnyred 621 Revisited

Hi there Newfie, Dylan asked me not to post pictures as he didnt want to end up in the Enquirer.He wasnt really into saws, but man can he sing. I almost spun a bearing when he sang " Like a Rolling Stone".
John

Good to see little old Jonseys in that kind of shape. It's a 56cc saw, about 3.5HP, made from the early '70s until the '80s. First ones didn't have brakes and looked more an early 111. Takes 25:1 mix.

You've got Tom Conner's PM and Ringo Starr's Danarm in there somewhere, right?

Hey Gypo, Keep on posting the saw pics but stop showing me your skidder or I'll have to buy one too, useless in a sub-division but I'd be the only kid on the block with one. I suppose I could run a cable through the neighbors window and skid their piano out into the middle of the street.........

Gypo beautiful find, I wish my 520 was as pristine as that saw. Did someone say Piano? Someone still needs to cut up a piano!

Beautiful saw Gypo, first silver top Jonsey I've ever seen, but then again I'd never heard of Jonsered until joining this forum. Heard a song by Bob's son, Jacob, the other day on the radio, "One Headlight", cool song. Sounded alot like Bob..alot like Bob, but more refined. I liked it. Methoss084, sedanman, I was thinking the same thing about the piano. I'll bet most of the list was? John, come on man , with that 111...cut it.

Man, are you crackpots ever going to get over the piano? Must be some kinda brain thing going around.

My 111S's is a silver top, too. Sharp looking saw.

John, the answer is No!, too good of thread to quit. The forum is waiting John, cut a piano, any piano. That would just be a monument or something...111 vs piano. Gypo, I for one enjoy the skidder pics., I've nicknamed my little 8N, "bottom piggy" after those "mountain pig" pics. Hey Y'all don't laugh, that little tractor will skid anything I've asked it to. Having said that, I'm looking at Ford 4000's. Big Boy compared to the 8N.

looking for tractor?

wolf, if you are looking for a tractor close to the 8N go to new holland .com click north america then used equipment... also fastline.com agri or farm area. I have a 6610 series II with C/H/A. Yes it is hay time $$$.:D

No digital camera so I can't post a pic of my "skidder" it's a 1965 International Cub Cadet 100 (ten whole horsepower!). Not mountain pig material but I did move my 2,000 pound car trailer with it.

Listen John, Gypo Logger, Frank's Planks, Chainsaw Charlie, and whatever other aliases (alii?) you have...

Anyway, If you were in Duluth Mn, you should have stopped to say hi! I'm only about 2 hrs down the road (US 210) Stop at the "SuperAmerica" convenience store, turn back 1/2 mile, go south 1/2 mile, then east 1/4 mile, white house with a big Norway pine with a fork in the crown in the yard. Can't miss it.

Elvis Presley left his old Homelite 17 here years ago. Robert Goulet was here last week with a IEL, wanting to trade. Even up. Yah! I'm holding out for Placido Domingo's Emak, Or Julio Iglesias' Bultaco. Abba was here with a whole raft of Huskies, Jonsereds and Jobu's but when I started to get a little too friendly with Anita, they got mad and nixed the deal.

I just picked up Guy Lombardo's 2100CD. This dude cant sing worth a fiddlers frying pan, but just try playing his " Shooting of Dan Mcgrew", at 45rpm, when its supposed to be played at 33 1/2 rpm on your phonograph.
John

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back