Chainsaw of the Week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Zimmerman is from Hibbing, just up Da Range apiece from
Eveleth. Also home to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, and a great
joint called Tuna's. Yeehaw!

Hi Sawtroll, thanks for reminding me about this old thread.
It's much better to find these old threads in the archives as opposed to humping them into oblivion as some members wood. :blob2:
John

Skidders and Logs:

Hey John, if I were you, I'd keep that saw as far away from the skidder, logs and trees as far as I could. That pic of the saw sitting on top of the log made me nervous. With your luck the log would roll over and crush the saw. Just kidding. Take care. Lewis.

and here i thought i had the only 621 left mine aint got a chainbrake though just a plastic knuckle guard

Gypo Logger said:
I managed to pry the saw away from Bob in exchange for dumping a couple of birch trees in his back yard. I ripped a few boards out of the butt log so he had material for his next guitar. I think the saw is a real classick.
John

Just one question:

"How does it feeeeeeeeeel?"
:)

(gotta love those classics!)

wedge said:
and here i thought i had the only 621 left mine aint got a chainbrake though just a plastic knuckle guard
So do mine (probably made in 1970), and all the others I have seen. Even the UK IPL from 1984 show the knuckle guard, and not the chain brake.
I wonder if was a regional thing, or maybe something that a major distributor ordered......

spreaderman said:
Yes it is hay time $$$.:D

I would think so in Alabama. We will start cutting next week in northern IL and that is with freezes off and on the last two weeks. I see your post was on 5-17-02 but still that is getting late. We have guys here that have already cut green chop and drrilling beans back in.

Bill

John in MA said:
Good to see little old Jonseys in that kind of shape. It's a 56cc saw, about 3.5HP, made from the early '70s until the '80s. First ones didn't have brakes and looked more an early 111. Takes 25:1 mix.

You've got Tom Conner's PM and Ringo Starr's Danarm in there somewhere, right?

John,

Hows the 111 running ? There has not been much mention of it here lately. I still have a 111 in the shop.m I may take it to Baraboo if someone wants to run it.

Bill

Latest posts

Back