Chainsaw pet peeves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A customer buys a new saw and comes back a week later and wants to put an outer bucking dawg on his saw,which is fine everybody's happy,he goes off on his merry way only to return a couple days later complaining that the saw has a problem and every time he sharpens the chain and makes a cut the chain is blunt.
Little does he know the dawg is to be mounted on the outside of the clutch cover.
I hate it when people blame a product because they are too stupid to use it properly.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Watching somebody pushing and pulling on a chainsaw as they're cutting a log working it like an old crosscut handsaw!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
I handed my 066 to my son in law, he did the same
I told him it was a strong enough saw that ,you dont
need to help it along that way.A dignity saver phrase

I handed my 066 to my son in law, he did the same
I told him it was a strong enough saw that ,you dont
need to help it along that way.A dignity saver phrase
I never understood the logic, not to mention, very unsafe

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Homeowners that sneak up on you when you're in the cut to stop you and tell you how you should be cutting, and homeowners that call you to clean up/fix a job for them, and they say something like, "I could totally do this, i have all the ropes and harnesses, I'm just too busy." And then they hop on their golf cart and go mix a drink..

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I have an...acquaintance... who sells fire wood for a living. Every time I see him he has a new to him old truck that looks to be mostly broken down. The old one broke down and I can't afford better,he says. But he has two new saws. Both Stihls although he has tried them all. Can't buy a decent saw anymore he says, they only last six months at the most. So one day at the pub I asked him what happened to the last new saw that didn't last....straight gassed that one....what about the one before....ran that one over with the skidder... what about the skidder,I heard it was broken...Yeah the engine blew, no oil.
Should really have been a sales man or something.
It really peeves me when people are so mechanically unsympathetic, and blame the tools.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Ok, lets roll back to the mid 1960's. My Dad is clearing a fence row with my uncle. Dad had already dropped several trees ranging in size up to about 16" dia. So, my uncle grabs Dad's razor sharp Poulan 43 saw and starts cutting a log. Next thing Dad knows, my uncle shuts the saw down and start pitching a fit about how the saw won't cut. Dad walks over to the log my uncle was trying to cut, reaches over to the other side of the log and picks up his 3/8" log chain that was almost cut in two.

I came home last night covered in dirt, sawdust, hydraulic oil, diesel, orange paint and probably some cow poo. One shirt sleeve, my back and half a paint leg was soaked. Had to drain the hydraulic tank on the processor so I could pull off the pump and suction hose.

I considered stripping down to my undies outside and just trashing my t shirt and jeans, I'm quite sure they are beyond washing.
Good thing I wear $15 jeans and not $150 ones!

These work for me, I'm cheap.

https://www.ruralking.com/rk-men-s-...TGDaZYp2GNxIJkRy9wW292490C_R2WRBiAaAj1v8P8HAQ

Back