Chainsaw protective pants for lefty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spindrift7mm

spindrift7mm

Changing the World One Saw at a time !
As a lefty myself I've learned to do many things righthanded and unless you've led a sheltered life you have too. In this modern day and age Leftys have many things equal now as fishing reels, bolt action rifles and even golf clubs, but chainsaws are righthanded as are things like drill presses and skill saws. The main difference being chainsaws can not be safely used other wise, so heed the advice given. Righthanded only. The option is likely wheelchair or bleed-out. Good Luck Lefty Ken

l4ff

ArboristSite Lurker
As i saw here, there's no other way than use my saw right handed ... i think all of your opinions help me on that and i think this will be very difficult thing to d as i operate my saws since 10 years left handed but this is necessary i think. Left hand throttle being so dangerous since i replaced my saw maybe due to the handle position ...

l4ff

ArboristSite Lurker
As a lefty myself I've learned to do many things righthanded and unless you've led a sheltered life you have too. In this modern day and age Leftys have many things equal now as fishing reels, bolt action rifles and even golf clubs, but chainsaws are righthanded as are things like drill presses and skill saws. The main difference being chainsaws can not be safely used other wise, so heed the advice given. Righthanded only. The option is likely wheelchair or bleed-out. Good Luck Lefty Ken
+1 , well said everything is fine but chainsaw is hard to shift :(

treesmith

treesmith

tree hugger/cutter
Chainsaws are designed to be used right handed, a wrap handle is ok in some situations but what you're doing is extremely dangerous. You now know it's a problem so change it.

It's a chainsaw, it's capable of cutting you in half before you can react, please show it some respect

dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
Keep the "blade" away from your legs , set the brake if you must set the saw on your lap or just get one of these .

Worx%20Clearing_C2101R12_opt_0.jpeg

Polly work upside down for the left handed folk and your trousers should be safe .

Tbartruff

Tbartruff

ArboristSite Lurker
I am left handed and decided when I started cutting wood to learn to cut it right handed. It was not worth the chance of being in the danger zone. It only took me a couple times of cutting and it felt pretty natural. I did go extra easy during that time just to make sure. I have been cutting right handed for years now and am glad I took the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuskStihl

HuskStihl

Chairin'em for the sound
Keep the "blade" away from your legs , set the brake if you must set the saw on your lap or just get one of these .

Worx%20Clearing_C2101R12_opt_0.jpeg

Polly work upside down for the left handed folk and your trousers should be safe .
I would absolutely love one of those, but she looks way too expensive for me.

Seriously tho, it is difficult to keep u'r face and neck out of the path of a potential kickback when bucking left handed. RandyMac aside, many of the respondents are very experienced.

bnmc98

bnmc98

ArboristSite Guru
I hear you saying that the saw you got is making the problem. If you really have been cutting left handed since age 10 and have just now decided its a problem with this saw and hasn't been before... then..
I would not hesitate to get a different saw. You can't work when you are dead, so it would make sense in my book.

Latest posts