Chainsaw Raffle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev1n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i've been wondering if a raffle would be a good idea or against the rules. i'm not big on reading all the rules, i just try to play it straight and hope for the best. i'm not looking to make any money just have some fun. i've got a real nice collectable saw that anybody would love put on the shelf. it's still in the box it was bought in back in the day with all the papers(even an oil soaked ipl).ebay value over 100$i just wanted to hear what you guys thought about a raffle and the rules. maybe the swap meet would be a good place for a raffle?this could be a fun way to get a nice saw for a buck or two.
thanks kevin

Undoubtedly you will get many opinions, I've joined in some raffles here for the benefit of members who needed it.
Unfortunately your's as you've stated it seems like a raffle for you to make money, despite your statement your not trying to make money, without any stated need or altruistic benefit.
I think that is or should be against site policy.

i was actually thinking of giving the dough to my daughters girl scout troop. it kinda sounds like you guys are against it unless it's for an emergency. i think a 50 or so person raffle would be fun just for kicks even if that person wanted to use the cash to buy parts, groceries, or sleeping aids.
kevin

i was actually thinking of giving the dough to my daughters girl scout troop. it kinda sounds like you guys are against it unless it's for an emergency. i think a 50 or so person raffle would be fun just for kicks even if that person wanted to use the cash to buy parts, groceries, or sleeping aids.
kevin

No! If it's going to a scout troop that put's a different spin on it! And it's perfectly linked. Girls Scouts sell cookies. Guys with chain saws make cookies! Brad Snelling makes a LOT of cookies. (Doesn't link Brad to Girl Scouts)

If you just want $$ for the saw try to sell it.

i just don't want money for it. i could sell it on ebay if i wanted to do that. i thought it would be fun to do raffle/ lottery .i'm a gambler at heart though. i like the sound of cookies for cookies.
caleath, did you get that adjuster?
kevin

I did Kevin...thought I sent you a message...if I didnt i am an idiot...thanks alot

I would by a ticket to help the Girl Scouts. But you will have toi enlighten us as to the prize. If its NIB WildThing, I'll pass and just buy the cookies. :givebeer:

If the site allows it then I am in!

Maybe to show the membership here that it is all legit post up a couple of pics of you presenting the check to the troop! Sell only a limited amount of tickets to cover the check.

Just my .02 cents

Christmas Raffle

I have a new idea. the scouts here are spoiled enough.
i am going to ship the saw free as a christmas present raffle to u.s arborist site members. other country's will have to pay freight minus 20$.

rules

1. must have at least 50 posts
2. first person to guess will be entered, anybody else that wants it within 24 hours of the correct guess will be entered in the drawing.
3. one of my kids will pick the name out of a hat
4. have a merry christmas

clue (built in 1966):chainsawguy:

anybody else care to take a guess at a chance for a free saw.
every guess will get another clue if that's possible:popcorn:

Mid 60's saw....026 Stihl?? Oh sorry, that's just in design....:laugh:

My guess is a 250 McCulloch

Back