Chainsaw Road Trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Blood its time to fill you in on what your really going to.

When I was there we did stay at the beach facing the ocean and yes Stihl did send Lincolns to come pick us up and take us back to the hotel.

First day in class Eddie will be teaching alot of the basics. He doesn't waste alot of time beating the same subjects, he rolls right along. You will need to be alert because alot will come back in tests.

Safety and EPA will be beat into you. The last thing you want to do is drop start a saw in Eddie's presence. He will scold you very quick, trust me I know from first hand experiance. He's very gung ho about safety and doing things by the book and book only.

You will be given some sort of unit to tear down and find faults with that Eddie has on purpose rigged up. You will be graded on finding every fault with the unit. Your given 1 hour to tear it apart and put it back together and list all the faults you found. This test is critical for your passing so take your time and find each and every fault.

There will be a bunch of items that you will be told to look at and try to figure out what happened to them. You will be given 2 minutes to look, list what you think happened to it and then you go to the next item. In this deal if you don't know the cause guess at it and move on, 2 minutes is all your going to get. Not allowed to hold up the others.

You will get the pleasure of seeing Eddie's $19,000 automatic chain sharpener he is very proud of. You'll get a tour of the Stihl museum which is very cool. You'll get a full factory tour in which you will see a multi billion dollar operation in action. They can produce 6000 saws a day in full swing. You will enjoy all the multi million dollar equipment they use throughout the factory.

You will go outside and run some equipment and blow up some as well only to put back together in class. You will see they don't cut pennies when teaching, they really put out some big bucks for the Gold School.

Finally and foremost all the mod talk and alterations that are common practice on this site is shunned. He won't listen to it, has no interest in it so don't even go there. Everything is taught and done strickly by the book and nothing else. Half of what goes on here is considered idiot talk at the factory so spare yourself and stick to the book.

Oh, yes the factory does have a Stihl Cafe. The walls are indeed bright lime green. Dayummest thing I ever seen but the food is good!!

Now your informed of what to expect. I got one of the highest grades in my class when I was there so if I can do it you should have no problems at all. Getttttttttttttttter done,:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh, while your there tell Eddie ole Hall said I'll be down in the spring to check his saw collection again and that even though he has more saws, mine are prettier,haha

Since I went to the Silver Training back last April, I've been trying to use the Stihl Engine Checklist as much as I can.

So I've got that pretty well memorized at this point, and know that's a BIG part of the test.

I've been practicing doing leakdown tests, and pressure/vac tests as much as I can to get them down quickly.

The thing I'm weakest on is the 4 Mix stuff, just because they are new enough that I rarely have to do any real repairs just usually general service.

My tech services guy Pete, told me "Take this serious, you're at work, and I'm signing my name that I'm recommending you, and I'm the one that gets chewed out if you screw up and fail"

The Hilton I'm staying at is the on further away from the beach in the city center.

I like how they tell you NOT to bring any equipment with you to the class, and same with tools. I guess they get enough guys trying to drag in saws that it's an issue.

Since I went to the Silver Training back last April, I've been trying to use the Stihl Engine Checklist as much as I can.

So I've got that pretty well memorized at this point, and know that's a BIG part of the test.

I've been practicing doing leakdown tests, and pressure/vac tests as much as I can to get them down quickly.

The thing I'm weakest on is the 4 Mix stuff, just because they are new enough that I rarely have to do any real repairs just usually general service.

My tech services guy Pete, told me "Take this serious, you're at work, and I'm signing my name that I'm recommending you, and I'm the one that gets chewed out if you screw up and fail"

The Hilton I'm staying at is the on further away from the beach in the city center.

I like how they tell you NOT to bring any equipment with you to the class, and same with tools. I guess they get enough guys trying to drag in saws that it's an issue.

He'll spend some time on teaching the 4-mix, you'll soon realize the 4-mix is actually very easy to work on once you get the basics down. No need to worry about the 4-mix, you will know it very well when class is over, you'll be just fine......

You will be given some sort of unit to tear down and find faults with that Eddie has on purpose rigged up. You will be graded on finding every fault with the unit. Your given 1 hour to tear it apart and put it back together and list all the faults you found. This test is critical for your passing so take your time and find each and every fault.

Here's a freebie : the flippy cap is considered a standard default...!!

sorry, couldn't resist, LOLOL.:poke:

He wised up, thats all, same as Lake,LOLOLOL

Those folks were indeed a massive added value here, to a point it may have started to worry some folks in Va Beach, I guess. Is it possible that the powers that be instructed them gently to "wisen up" ?
Anyway, no food for discussion on AS I guess.

I got to hand it to VA Beach. I never had so much fun on a Tuesday night, or anyother weeknight. That place is loaded with Babes and fun. :cheers:

Here's a freebie : the flippy cap is considered a standard default...!!

sorry, couldn't resist, LOLOL.:poke:

May a big fat ugly woman trip behind you and take you to the ground only to find out while she's got you down she really likes you,hehehehehe

I got to hand it to VA Beach. I never had so much fun on a Tuesday night, or anyother weeknight. That place is loaded with Babes and fun. :cheers:

My sales rep. stopped in a little while ago to wish me luck. He reminded me that sh*t rolls downhill, and to bust my balls generally harass me about failing.

It's not spring break season yet, but Weds. night it Saint Patty's day. I don't think it will be tough finding some sort of shenanigans to get into. It might be hard explaining a 200$ bar tab on the company credit card. :cheers:

My sales rep. stopped in a little while ago to wish me luck. He reminded me that sh*t rolls downhill, and to bust my balls generally harass me about failing.

It's not spring break season yet, but Weds. night it Saint Patty's day. I don't think it will be tough finding some sort of shenanigans to get into. It might be hard explaining a 200$ bar tab on the company credit card. :cheers:

Down some for me!!! Even if I run a Husky :greenchainsaw:

I have a 361 left from my Stihl days...does that count? It's a damn good saw!

Mr. Hall how do you like your Wendy's #2?

Durn I missed this post. For anyone concerned ole Blood stopped by the shop yesterday. He stayed until closing time. We had a blast. He's a pretty good ole boy for a dayummm Yankee. He laughs alot, more than me. He met the Woodpecker while there. He told someone on the phone he could see now why many don't like me,hahahaha. When he gets back from school at Va Beach yaw be sure to ask him who is the Woodpecker,hehe

I got one of the highest grades in my class when I was there so if I can do it you should have no problems at all.

Oh, while your there tell Eddie ole Hall said I'll be down in the spring to check his saw collection again and that even though he has more saws, mine are prettier,haha

You know Tom, grades can be changed, records lost or modified, things erased...

All STIHLs are pretty Tom, especially if they have earned their scars, like this one:

attachment.php

And you can't argue with volume: he who dies with the most saws WINS!

You know Tom, grades can be changed, records lost or modified, things erased...

All STIHLs are pretty Tom, especially if they have earned their scars, like this one:

attachment.php

And you can't argue with volume: he who dies with the most saws WINS!

Oh your such a meanie, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOLOLOL

Are you taking care of my buddy down there? He's a cool cat, real good guy. I told him thanks to you I'm a saw genius. Yup I gave you all the glory. Man this sucks I have to say stuff like that to keep my grade,LOLOL

You get ready Eddie, when I visit nexttime we got some building to do. I only need a few more parts and we're good to go. Looking forward to seeing what you have added to your collection,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well I found a computer down here, so I'm posting'.
Eddie and the whole staff treated us better than we deserved. I think I really lucked out and got a really great group of guys to be in class with. Everyone of those guys wanted to be there, and really tried to get the most out of it. My brain is over flowing with information and I can't wait to get back to work on Friday and turn a wrench. Thanks to Tom for letting me hangout even when you probably wanted to get some work done. And Eddie thanks for putting on a heck of a program.

Well I found a computer down here, so I'm posting'.
Eddie and the whole staff treated us better than we deserved. I think I really lucked out and got a really great group of guys to be in class with. Everyone of those guys wanted to be there, and really tried to get the most out of it. My brain is over flowing with information and I can't wait to get back to work on Friday and turn a wrench. Thanks to Tom for letting me hangout even when you probably wanted to get some work done. And Eddie thanks for putting on a heck of a program.

Was my pleasure to have you stop by Blood. Please refrain from posting how much I cuss, thats not needed,haha. Work can always wait when fellow sawmen stop by.

Yes you was in great company at that school. I was there in 2003. I was overwhelmed with how well we're all treated. The school was awesome. Eddie is tops in his field.

I hope he didn't take you by his house and show you his collection, I'm still mad about it,LOL Seriously he has a awesome collection.

Now you can strut your stuff man, hit the bench with all that new found knowledge and getttttttttttttttter done,:cheers::cheers:

Hot damn I passed, and I got a pretty good grade. :greenchainsaw:
I need to add a picture of a gold wrench to my signature.

Back