Chainsaw Weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwheat

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The sun finally broke through this weekend and I ended up helping a friend who just built a home in a new sub-division. About ten new homes were put up this winter all in a row, with wooded acreage taking up the back third of all the properties.

Because of all the snow and rain this winter, the ground was too wet to install the septic/sand mounds, which will all be going back in the wooded area. The contractor is going to start this week, so all that land needed cleared on all ten properties.

There must have been twenty saws going at once, all morning and afternoon. I was the only one not running a Poulon/Craftsman, so my 044 was in demand for the bigger stuff. Just walking down the street, I'm guessing 100 full cords of cherry and locust, plus a little poplar came down... and all these homes have gas fireplaces.

'bunch a stiff homeowners on Sunday morning.

So how many times did you get to say "I'll lay that tree over for you and cut it into sections for fifty bucks cash"?  And how many takers did you have?

Glen

hee hee. s'pose I coulda, but my addiction was too obvious. Its that alpha male testosterone thing for the guy with the biggest saw. Besides, as soon as the ground dries a bit more, this camper is going back for as many loads as I can get.

Back