Chainsaw (window) shopping; the longest bar I ever saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchWoodPecker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was driving close by (one of) our nation's best chainsaw shops 'Wolfswinkel' (which would translate to English as 'wolf shop', but probably it is the family name of the founding shopkeeper), and even though it was closed because of corona, it being a non-essential store, 'n all, it was great material for window shopping. :cool:
They had a very impressive Husky with a ridiculously long bar in the window that I wanted to share.

As I get my basic certificate in February, which effectively counts as a chainsaw license, it is time to select my first saw.
The 3120XP with the four foot bar will be a bit too much, though... just a bit... 😅

Either way, when the shop is allowed to open again, I will return. 👌

HdeX2jd.jpg

To make this thread more entertaining than just a shop window photo:
What is the longest bar you ever used, does it come even close to this one, and what did you need it for?

Lovely saw and bar combo there!

I used to have some use for 41” hanging off an 075 or 076 Stihl. Cutting up really big, oddly shaped trunks into large cookies. Ran 084/60” before for similar work.

Anymore, I seldom need more than 20” and don’t own anything bigger than 28”.

I was driving close by (one of) our nation's best chainsaw shops 'Wolfswinkel' (which would translate to English as 'wolf shop', but probably it is the family name of the founding shopkeeper), and even though it was closed because of corona, it being a non-essential store, 'n all, it was great material for window shopping. :cool:
They had a very impressive Husky with a ridiculously long bar in the window that I wanted to share.

As I get my basic certificate in February, which effectively counts as a chainsaw license, it is time to select my first saw.
The 3120XP with the four foot bar will be a bit too much, though... just a bit... 😅

Either way, when the shop is allowed to open again, I will return. 👌

HdeX2jd.jpg

To make this thread more entertaining than just a shop window photo:
What is the longest bar you ever used, does it come even close to this one, and what did you need it for?

Hi, If they are closed that explains why I have not got a reply to my several emails to Wolfswinkel in the last couple weeks. They list a part on there website I was trying to buy but wanted to make sure they actually had it before bothering with a international order.

If you get by there again and see they are open could you please PM me and let me know?

Hi, If they are closed that explains why I have not got a reply to my several emails to Wolfswinkel in the last couple weeks. They list a part on there website I was trying to buy but wanted to make sure they actually had it before bothering with a international order.

If you get by there again and see they are open could you please PM me and let me know?
Will do!

There were two employees bustling about inside, so I suppose the webshop was still running and processing orders, and that only the physical shop is closed, but that is just a guess.
I will let you know when the lockdown ends and they are allowed to open up again. There is a government press conference on the 14th, but most likely the lockdown will be made longer or even tightened. I will keep you posted.

Will do!

There were two employees bustling about inside, so I suppose the webshop was still running and processing orders, and that only the physical shop is closed, but that is just a guess.
I will let you know when the lockdown ends and they are allowed to open up again. There is a government press conference on the 14th, but most likely the lockdown will be made longer or even tightened. I will keep you posted.

Thank you. If there are a couple inside working maybe they are just backed up and I will sooner or later get a reply.

My brother and I each have 42 inch bars on our 2100/2101’s, to date there have been about 3 or 4 times where we’ve needed bars that long and a few times where we could have used longer bars. After the tensioner on the 2101 blew up I had to use my 562 with a 24 inch bar to buck up an unstable 38 inch digger pine limb. That was when I wished I had the 42 (and I also wished the 2101 was still functional).

Will do!

Sounds like the Netherlands was turned into 1940 all over again

Me and my brother each have 42 inch bars on our 2100/2101’s, to date there have been about 3 or 4 times where we’ve needed bars that long and a few times where we could have used longer bars. After the tensioner on the 2101 blew up I had to use my 562 with a 24 inch bar to buck up an unstable 38 inch digger pine limb. That was when I wished I had the 42 (and I also wished the 2101 was still functional).
My Brother and I..............

I’m shocked that there a still 3 saws in that window and the window is intact with a shop that’s closed during lockdown.

Unfortunately not just U.S., seems most countries in the America’s have this problem.

Back in my ill-spent youth (1972-73 or there about) I worked with a guy that had a ten foot (120") bar on a Stihl 090 gear drive that he used for felling old growth redwood snags. It used to stay on his old Catapillar D8 (14A series) which it fit perfectly. With the powerhead sitting on the fuel tank, the nose of the bar was just touching the back side of the radiator. It only got used on occasion when the tree called for it, and fortunately he could build a road to the base of the tree so he didn't have to carry it. Apart from that, the longest I ever encountered was a couple of 78" bars. They weren't too uncommon in Northwest California back then.

Porosonik.

Latest posts

Back