Chainsaws and the delicate human frame.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hindsight is 20/20 there is no reason not to use PPE for saws, loud noises, working on your feet or knees, etc.
Nothing prevents wear and tear, and everybody wears at a different rate. But if by using it you delay bodily replacements 5 or 10 years how is that not worth it?
I am grateful I wised-up to that early, because even the accidental traumas are enough. No matter how strong you may be, age + accidents always wins the race in the end.

Hindsight is 20/20 there is no reason not to use PPE for saws, loud noises, working on your feet or knees, etc.
Nothing prevents wear and tear, and everybody wears at a different rate. But if by using it you delay bodily replacements 5 or 10 years how is that not worth it?
I am grateful I wised-up to that early, because even the accidental traumas are enough. No matter how strong you may be, age + accidents always wins the race in the end.
When you get old and broken down,
the memories and the stories come into play.
Funny how we all get pious and well behaved when our pecker stops working!!!

I hope you're hanging in there
Welshman? speedy recovery from the south. Good Idea for a thread. I have thought about doing this topic in the past.

I have much to add but it will take a while.

I will take you from laughing to crying.

I could contribute everything bad to chainsaw work. Its a life style.

a few std's and had my **** broken in 'reverse cowgirl' position

"I met her in a club down in North Soho Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola C-O-L-A cola She walked up to me and she asked me to dance I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola" L-O-L-A "Lola"
WTF Wbf??? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And what are you doin' in the UK?

And it's "attribute", not contribute :buttkick:

When you get old and broken down,
the memories and the stories come into play.
Funny how we all get pious and well behaved when our pecker stops working!!!
I wanted to tell some stories but that said put me in a comprising position.

and moreover:
shuddup! You are way too young...er...um unless that's not your age?

Oh don't let dog breath stop you - lets hear some stories! I know they will be good :givebeer:

Rolflmao wow

"Dog breath" that's funny Chris.
you guys are killing me man.

I see you corrected you acronym.

Are you dislexic? Or were you trying to **** up a dislexic ? Because is was working. sometimes you get lucky

yes I am in London trying to find my way home after 47yrs which would be north west England Chris. Birkenhead/Liverpool. But its hard to leave those Soho Lola's haha.

I don't think I'm deslixic?? My family came from Ireland during the potato famine of the 1800's. If there is one place I would like to travel to, it's there.

Enjoy your time across the pond!

Toby,

Haven’t read all the posts, but I underwent a full knee replacement on Dec 8. The first 2 weeks are the worst, but you’ll live. I’m an electrician and was back at work in 7 weeks. Kneeling is the only issue I have, since 1/2 of the knee is completely numb, as they cut thru a nerve getting In There. Not sure you’ll climb again, but plan on 1 year to fully heal.
Take care, do your exercises religiously, and get off the opioids ASAP.
Oh, and ice...ice...baby...
It gets better

Toby,

Haven’t read all the posts, but I underwent a full knee replacement on Dec 8. The first 2 weeks are the worst, but you’ll live. I’m an electrician and was back at work in 7 weeks. Kneeling is the only issue I have, since 1/2 of the knee is completely numb, as they cut thru a nerve getting In There. Not sure you’ll climb again, but plan on 1 year to fully heal.
Take care, do your exercises religiously, and get off the opioids ASAP.
Oh, and ice...ice...baby...
It gets better
Thankyou for the reassuring words, I had no idea what sort of pain was involved, after reading what you wrote though, I feel a bit of a fraud having only had a partial! Glad you have made a good recovery and managed to get back to work! I am hoping to get back to work ASAP but I know its going to take time!
I will grit my teeth and ride this one through the best I can, I've got a freezer full of ice! cheers buddy! DSC_2055.JPG

Full of partial doesn’t matter. They still sawed the end of your bone off. Ice and elevate whenever your not up and walking or exercising. I was able to climb a ladder in about the 3rd week, for reference. But everyone heals differently. A good website is bonesmart.org. You can go to the forum and see what everyone else is going thru.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to pm me...

So, just suppose you had taken everyones advice. Not worked WFO and overtime to the max. Not been thrown off dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, cars, trucks, and trailer park girls. Not scarred up knuckles in the woods, at work, and in bars.
Suppose you lived your life all careful like, and took it easy til your golden years. Then what? What would you have to talk about?
When I die, I want to look like ****! I want everybody to say " well damn, he looked like he died 5 years ago! I dont want to leave anything worth eating for the worms.
TP said " you never slow down, you never grow old".
Unfortunately, your body slows you down, but ive found I rust pretty quick if I sit still.
Better to follow Def Leppards advice. "Better to burn out than fade away".

Nothing prevents wear and tear, and everybody wears at a different rate. But if by using it you deltay bodily replacements 5 or 10 years how is that not worth it?
you mean hearing when you say ' Body parts? what else?

Full of partial doesn’t matter. They still sawed the end of your bone off. Ice and elevate whenever your not up and walking or exercising. I was able to climb a ladder in about the 3rd week, for reference. But everyone heals differently. A good website is bonesmart.org. You can go to the forum and see what everyone else is going thru.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to pm me...
Cheers buddy !

Latest posts

Back