Changing to Husky's has improved my life!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For once I have to say I don't like something on a Stihl, I HATE those stupid caps. I know the EPA is supposed to love them. I've broke one. I've not paid close attention closing them and had gas or oil running all over my leg more than once. What's even worse is you can't get old style caps to replace the damn things. In over thirty years of running Stihls I have yet to break, strip or lose a old style cap. They can be a ##### to get loose if you over torque them, but I guess I'm getting old, I can't stand the new ones. Having arthritis in the hands it is very hard for me to manipulate the little flippys, my son's like the things.

Out of the closet?

but you stilll have your gay flippy caps to play with.

the majority hates them.plain and simple.

that cannot be denied.

I'm not sure how an inanimate object can be considered gay. However, the way you use the word along with "flippy" sure is.

okay rope, i understand your complaint about the dirt but what i am having trouble understanding is how you get your saw covered in dirt in the first place. i run a saw on average 5-8 hours a day and i have never had issues with dirt or mud or anything else. easy fixe to your solution = dont throw your saw in the dirt. and so everyone knows how i stand i still think anyone having problems with the flippy caps are a bit handicapped in the head, and on further note i also believe the person spell checkin me is a fruitcake

okay rope, i understand your complaint about the dirt but what i am having trouble understanding is how you get your saw covered in dirt in the first place. i run a saw on average 5-8 hours a day and i have never had issues with dirt or mud or anything else. easy fixe to your solution = dont throw your saw in the dirt. and so everyone knows how i stand i still think anyone having problems with the flippy caps are a bit handicapped in the head, and on further note i also believe the person spell checkin me is a fruitcake
In my best Andy of Mayberry impersonation"now BarkBuster, You got to understand the rope. He.. He runs them husky saws and..and that there dirt is plastic that is peeling off the saw and collecting around the oil tank, Yep...That's ..that's what it is." LOL Now i gotta go hide cause he will get me back.lol

Have you ever met someone who is so chronically negative that they aren't happy unless they are complaining? This site seems to be a rallying point for a lot of them. It used to bother me, now I just pity them.

Don't buy any newer Stihl saws or do us a favor and learn how to use those lovely flippy caps.:clap: It's really not that hard to do either.;)

Yep, 044, 084, and 088 tanks are highly coveted spare parts.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back