Charity Cut - WAUKEE, IOWA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the flyer I made about the wood we'll have after our charity cut. I'm taking it to some food pantries this week to spread the word.

Attachments

• FWHFlyer for AS.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
I would like to say I will be there but heck who knows. That is the weekend before Memorial day and I like to be taking first cutting out then. The way things are going now hell we might be still thawing out

I will put it on the calendar, if I bring the Ranger can I be considered a worthy charity? The woodpile is taking quite a hit this winter.

Mark

Seems like cut one piece to your stove size per saw and bar ya got, that would be a lot of wood. Piece must be one inch diameter under bar length. ;)

We had our first taker of free firewood on Feb. 23rd. An 83 year old man who heats his house 24/7 with firewood!

Today we delivered a cord down to the homeless folks along the river. We're so happy the word is getting out there & we can help people. :)

Morning Mr & Mrs Sam!

I hear you are an awesome peanut butter cookie baker, but how are you with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?

Some of those logs in the video Sam posted look fairly good sized, what diameters are some of the larger logs?

Oliver, I make oatmeal raisin cookies, so I'm sure I could do oatmeal chocolate chip! :) I'll let Doug tell you about the logs in the video...I'm not really sure!

The biggest log is about 36 inches by 13 ft. I will need to set them aside for me to split. But others with big saws can have some fun cutting them. Attached is a video of me splitting the bigger stuff. It works great for big wood but not the smaller wood.

Mrs Sam-tip makes a great Oatmeal raisin cookies. If we are lucky I will bring some down on the April 4th.

Yes I have been told it is cheating. I used to get the wood that others can't handle or want. Big stuff. I had the concrete poured for splitting wood. I was digging a hole in the ground without the concrete. It could be cold and rainy or 100 and hot and I can split wood all day long. Just a matter of making the time to do it. I have done so much splitting this way I don't even have to think about what I am doing. Its like the splitter just moves it self. It is a bunch of buttons and joysticks splitting the wood.

Good morning folks!

The concrete pad makes all the difference!

Sam that is poetry in motion. :rock: Now I want to see a video of the Mrs. in action on it. :popcorn:

I had considered building one for my tractor loader, but due to the limited visibility decided it would be more frustrating to use than it would help.

Back