Charity Cut - WAUKEE, IOWA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning folks!

Sam/Mrs. Sam's super split got a good work out at the Mansfield, MO charity cut. The Tool Cat was awesome, the dump trailer was a blessing, & folks couldn't say enough about the cookies Mrs. Sam sent. :rock:

I foresee the Waukee charity cut being a great success as well! It's only about 6 weeks away so put it on your calendars folks!:popcorn:

After helping at the Mansfield MO charity cut I am working on getting more ideal logs for this cut. Wood that is easier to process. Size and not so gnarley. Put to the side the large and ugliest pieces for the Bobcat splitter.

The new wood will be lots of Ash trees. Stu at Xtreme Tree is averaging 4 Ash trees a day this week. EAB is just getting to Iowa.

Sam-tip (Doug)

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Thinking the dump trailer to a pile works pretty good. Would be nice to get some stacked. I normally let it sit a few weeks then stack. It seem to be less weight after splitting and sitting a few weeks.
Sounds like a good idea to me. It worked very well down here.

Workshop, our place is 3 miles from the largest shopping mall in Des Moines!

Mrs. Sam-Tip. (Marcy)

MR/MRS Sam, when were you planning to head home from the GTG? I will probably need to follow one of you to drop off the bucking trailer.

I know Sam-tip has a super splitter, will there be any others there? 3 splitters work around the log bucking trailer well. Then you add in the dump trailer, well, with the pile of logs they have, I imagine it will be another 18 cord c/s/d day!

I know Sam-tip has a super splitter, will there be any others there? 3 splitters work around the log bucking trailer well. Then you add in the dump trailer, well, with the pile of logs they have, I imagine it will be another 18 cord c/s/d day!

I'll have my A.E. Metal Werx splitter there and Doug has a few others then the super split also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know mx_racer428 has a nice hydro splitter. I have the super split. I don't know of anyone else in the area that has a super split. I have friends with hydro splitters. Would be nice to have two super splits again. I also plan on having two dump trailers for moving the wood away from the splitters.

If not in the field I'll be there with a hydro splitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2 dump trailers - What a luxury!!!

I don't know exactly what Sam-tip has planned or how many folks will be able to make it. So this is is food for thought: If we do it like we did a couple of weeks ago using the log bucking trailer we can keep 12 people busy:
- 1 person running the loader
- 2 saw operators
- 3 splitting crews with 3 people each = 9

So while it is great several splitters will be available, one hydraulic splitter for the gnarly pieces & 2 super splitters make a great setup. There is will not be a need to waste the fuel hauling extra splitters unless there will a crew larger than 13-14.

However, I am sure the Sam-tips would be more than grateful if 30 workers showed up.

Back