Cheap Smurf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since all the engines manufactured today are by Cnc machines why on the two stroke be machined from the factory with better port timing and ported better. There looking to make the lighter saws more powerful. Maybe there not interested in more r&d?
True. Motorcycle R&D is years ahead of the chainsaw industry

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I had a suzuki t500 I regret giving away. I was riding a suzuki 1200 bandit at the time. But wanted to go road racing with my son.
Pd I love the T500. True 2 stroke tractor. I have a T125 twin. 1969 model

Okay,
Muffler gutted, opened up the size of the outlet and tig welded it back together.
Exhaust port widened 1mm either side and raised 0.5mm
Squish closed up to 0.55mm
I am just heading down to the back paddock to give her a run.
I didn't alter the timing at this stage as I wanted to feel what I have done so far

Ok wow. This thing has transformed!
I forgot to mention that i widened the inlet port 1mm either side and knife edged the transfers as well.
Now the DCS500 feels like a pro saw. Soo much more torque. Really has some staying power when I lean on it. Impressive actually.
Probably not quite up there with my ported 026, but I may need to run them side by side to compare.
Next will be advancing the timing. I was thinking about removing 020 from the flywheel key. Any thoughts on this?

Ok wow. This thing has transformed!
I forgot to mention that i widened the inlet port 1mm either side and knife edged the transfers as well.
Now the DCS500 feels like a pro saw. Soo much more torque. Really has some staying power when I lean on it. Impressive actually.
Probably not quite up there with my ported 026, but I may need to run them side by side to compare.
Next will be advancing the timing. I was thinking about removing 020 from the flywheel key. Any thoughts on this?

Sometimes the extremely smooth AV on these saws will make them seem slower. Your 026 is pretty buzzy and that can make you think it's running faster/ harder.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Sometimes the extremely smooth AV on these saws will make them seem slower. Your 026 is pretty buzzy and that can make you think it's running faster/ harder.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Yeah the 026 feels RAW compared to modern saws

Latest posts

Back