Cheating - sawmill slab wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Quick and easy or cheating?
All but fell in the lap.
4 ft dia x 8 ft long bundle of maple with a bit of cedar.
Not but a piece or two need to be split.
I think that the 30cc can manage. Kind of like limbing.

I am friends with a guy who owns a mill and it is a great deal. Just cut and burn. No need to have a splitter and you could sell that to buy more saws

I buy some like that on pallets. The guy bucks it to 4', palletizes it and bands it. Since 48" will go in my boiler, it's perfect.

We've got a 3pt buzz saw that runs on a tractor for sawing up slab wood.. That's about the only thing it will do better than a chainsaw.

Decided to put some time on the Hutzle 180 upgrade to my ms170. The slab wood had some small cuts used to stake and dry the mill wood. I spaced them for a stack about 14" deep and pounded them into the ground stacking the splits between and went-to-town sawing. Curious if the compression will come up on this kit once it gets some good run time. After a while I got my "Lil-man" a helpin'. He's at an age where he's more than capable and did a good job stacking. This morning he got to help me with a project for Pappa. He got to cut off a copper water line and then I helped him sweat the lines back together with the torch.

It's great to teach young ones. I love to watch the
expression on there faces when they are learning and working.

Back