Chinese Misrepresenting Ebay Item Location

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A heads up, it’s been brought up before but I don’t want others to get caught out.

Chinese sellers on Ebay often misrepresent the items location you intend on purchasing.

They’ll say it’s in whatever country you happen to be searching for and they use a fake address, but the item is actually coming from China.

The only way to know is to see where the seller is based (not the item) scroll down and it will say China.

Expect much longer than predicted postal times, often very poor or no communication and a lot of frustration trying to get your refund / return the package.

Hope this saves you frustration.

Everything is made in China lately.

Husqvarna chain saws are manufactured by different manufacturers.

its usually just the small/light items the here, a london address and a 1 week arrival, larger/heavier items have a far east sender and take 3 weeks by boat
so the london address is just a front, and the items are airmailed direct

its usually just the small/light items the here, a london address and a 1 week arrival, larger/heavier items have a far east sender and take 3 weeks by boat
so the london address is just a front, and the items are airmailed direct
Very interesting Frank, after waiting many weeks for an item to arrive of which I was tricked as to its location, I haven’t ventured back to any seller if their location is China, regardless of the items location.

A heads up, it’s been brought up before but I don’t want others to get caught out.

Chinese sellers on Ebay often misrepresent the items location you intend on purchasing.

They’ll say it’s in whatever country you happen to be searching for and they use a fake address, but the item is actually coming from China.

The only way to know is to see where the seller is based (not the item) scroll down and it will say China.

Expect much longer than predicted postal times, often very poor or no communication and a lot of frustration trying to get your refund / return the package.

I try to avoid anything Chi-Com.

I go to yard sales and auctions for old well made tools and equipment rather than commie crap. I'd rather restore a gem than have a brand new turd.

I don't really care where the new saws are made as they are a PITA to work on, and I've got plenty of old ones, small to large. I've tried to acquirea stock of NOS spare parts instead of using low quality Chinesium

I try to avoid anything Chi-Com.

I go to yard sales and auctions for old well made tools and equipment rather than commie crap. I'd rather restore a gem than have a brand new turd.

I don't really care where the new saws are made as they are a PITA to work on, and I've got plenty of old ones, small to large. I've tried to acquirea stock of NOS spare parts instead of using low quality Chinesium
I agree. The joy I get from repairing something quality is reward in itself. That 1950’s Villiers I rebuilt / restored was so darn well built and had care and attention on every part it was a pleasure. Apart from the whitworth nuts and bolts, but that’s all part of its history and charm. The whitworth sockets and spammers should be here in a week or so actually come to think of it.

I agree. The joy I get from repairing something quality is reward in itself. That 1950’s Villiers I rebuilt / restored was so darn well built and had care and attention on every part it was a pleasure. Apart from the whitworth nuts and bolts, but that’s all part of its history and charm. The whitworth sockets and spammers should be here in a week or so actually come to think of it.
I'll be working on my 1940 Ford 9N tractor today, not restored but fully functional, had it 35 years now. Still 6V +ground electric. Runs all day w/rotary cutter on 5-gal of cheap gas.

On board toolbox is the size of a lunchbox, if tools there can't fix things something is broken bad.

I'll be working on my 1940 Ford 9N tractor today, not restored but fully functional, had it 35 years now. Still 6V +ground electric. Runs all day w/rotary cutter on 5-gal of cheap gas.

On board toolbox is the size of a lunchbox, if tools there can't fix things something is broken bad.
If only you had a YouTube channel, I’m sure I could burn through some band width watching you work on it. Have a great day fixing - I hope the weather is good, we’ve had nothing but storms, rain and wind recently (hence the rain in my video about dependant carby tuning haha)

If only you had a YouTube channel, I’m sure I could burn through some band width watching you work on it. Have a great day fixing - I hope the weather is good, we’ve had nothing but storms, rain and wind recently (hence the rain in my video about dependant carby tuning haha)
Wettest July ever here, > 14"/36 cm rain. I do huge vegetable garden, use the tractor to plow and harrow. Lost a lot of things to rot and seedlings damping off.

Have two dry days coming up.

Ordered a couple of saw blades, really cheap price. Went through the entire process online and at checkout, after confirming the order, email comes and says 12-14 weeks for delivery! That was PRE Covid!! :eek:

NEVER again.

Buy American made.
Hey, @capetrees what part of the m***hole you located? From username that arm that sticks out past the canal?

Just wondering, I grew up out western MA and still there and S. Vt

No surprise there, they are as crooked as any other race, I had to report one company to the Chinese embassy in Ireland,
I almost got sucked in by them, something seemed off, getting responses at the wrong times, and excuses about Chinese
holiday dates causing out of office responses, their dates were wrong, turned out I was right to be suspicions, the embassy were already investigating them back in China.
The good book does say, trust no man, that is in mankind including woman, how true.

Back