Chinese Saw no throttle lock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wonder, why do people waste their time and money on cheap Chinese crap? Facebook Marketplace usually has fair prices on Stihl, Echo, and Husky saws.

Says the fellow who has never tried one, and who's signature reveals a list of overpriced plastic homeowner saws.

I often wonder why anyone would buy any of the saws in your signature. Really. Fact.

So basically stealing.
No. They were not as advertised. Came with a manual that used wrong fuel mix. Also malfunctions. No directions on how to start. Spark plugs that fail after a couple uses. Broken chain break. No customer support for issues. How many people buy these and never get them running? That's stealing.

Says the fellow who has never tried one, and who's signature reveals a list of overpriced plastic homeowner saws.

I often wonder why anyone would buy any of the saws in your signature. Really. Fact.
Hey, thanks for the insult. Is this how you compensate for your ignorance? Please, if your life is all about your cheapness, then don't bother the good people in this forum.

You are dismissed.

No. They were not as advertised. Came with a manual that used wrong fuel mix. Also malfunctions. No directions on how to start. Spark plugs that fail after a couple uses. Broken chain break. No customer support for issues. How many people buy these and never get them running? That's stealing.
When I buy a brand new saw I don't find it satisfactory to spend two days of research and an extra $40 in gas and parts to get the saw running properly. For most people these are a waste of time to deal with. Selling a saw designed to fail is stealing.

Hey, thanks for the insult. Is this how you compensate for your ignorance? Please, if your life is all about your cheapness, then don't bother the good people in this forum.

You are dismissed.
Hah you came here talking trash. I've been cleaning up a fallen forest with my cheap Chinese Saw. It's been my first saw and I've been forced to better understand it because of it's flaws. Been a great experience and would rather make all the mistakes on a cheaper machine. Did you buy a Ferrari as your first car sir?

Hah you came here talking trash. I've been cleaning up a fallen forest with my cheap Chinese Saw. It's been my first saw and I've been forced to better understand it because of it's flaws. Been a great experience and would rather make all the mistakes on a cheaper machine. Did you buy a Ferrari as your first car sir?
You were dismissed. No more insignificance from you.

I always wonder, why do people waste their time and money on cheap Chinese crap? Facebook Marketplace usually has fair prices on Stihl, Echo, and Husky saws.
I wanted a cheap saw to leave at my hunting camp as it's a 5 mile walk in the winter. 52cc saw runs fine enough and if someone steals it I am out $89.

Can't get this saw to start. When you pull the throttle trigger it closes the choke.what am I doing wrong here?
Leave it off with the choke in and give it four or 5 pulls then turn it on, pull the choke and yank without touching the trigger. Try it with the choke in and out. One should work. I guess that's a prime thing. I found this somewhere for my Chinese saw.

You are dismissed.

So why does an ms311 cost 650$ while an echo 590 costs 450$ and its built better? Don't tell me it's dealer support because I've seen how far that goes.

Leave it off with the choke in and give it four or 5 pulls then turn it on, pull the choke and yank without touching the trigger. Try it with the choke in and out. One should work. I guess that's a prime thing. I found this somewhere for my Chinese saw.

If you read the beginning of the responses, Old2stroke was able to resolve my issue. His advice is 100% accurate

I wanted a cheap saw to leave at my hunting camp as it's a 5 mile walk in the winter. 52cc saw runs fine enough and if someone steals it I am out $89.
I am also leaving my saw on vacant land hidden in a trash bag. No reason to buy a $700 saw when it has a higher risk of being stolen.
If i had to walk 5 miles in I would want a well built saw that is reliable. Maybe 2 of the same model of the old faithfuls that seldom fail. A spare if 1 does or if you get pinched. Same model would give parts interchange. You can't just throw the Chinese thing away when it fails and run uptown and by another when you need it.
If i were a thief with common sense I wouldn't be stealing from a hunting camp a 5 mile walk in.

I checked out the Supmix 6200 amazon listing.

About this item​

• 【62CC engine with more powerful power and speed】Our gas chainsaw uses the latest 62CC power full-crank two-stroke cycle engine, provides greater power and less vibration, with a 20-inch bar and low-kickback chain that can quickly and easily cut the hardest wood, and not easy to drop the chain.
  • 【Reliable and safe quality】This electric chainsaw is designed with a safety switch to prevent accidental opening and the quick-stop chain brake helps to use it more safely. The chain saw, equipped with a high-quality chain and high-hardness bar, cutting speed, more durable, high wear resistance, and longer service life. Warm tips: please make sure that it fits the sprocket well and use a wrench to turn the chain as a try before starting the chainsaw.
  • 【Environmental protection system saves fuel consumption】The automatic oil can provide a stable and saving supply of chain and bar. While providing the highest cutting performance helps reduce fuel consumption by 20%. More environmentally.

For a pork low mein dinner i would have written them a good description blurb, but i guess time is money.

There are MANY reasons why people would want to buy a cheap chainsaw. Many of my customers are home yardwork/cottage people who know nothing about chainsaws and don't want to learn much, won't even learn how to sharpen a chain and for sure can't justify spending a lot of money on something that might get an hour or two of use each year and will probably have an early death due to abusive use. I tell them to buy something cheap and let me tune it so it runs right, make sure they understand fuel and oil requirements and how to start it. Selling them one of my rebuilt Poulans works too, and all of these cheap saws will last these people just as long as an expensive pro model. Finding a reasonable priced used top pro model in good condition is an act of frustration around here and if shipping charges are required, FORGET it.

There are MANY reasons why people would want to buy a cheap chainsaw. Many of my customers are home yardwork/cottage people who know nothing about chainsaws and don't want to learn much, won't even learn how to sharpen a chain and for sure can't justify spending a lot of money on something that might get an hour or two of use each year and will probably have an early death due to abusive use. I tell them to buy something cheap and let me tune it so it runs right, make sure they understand fuel and oil requirements and how to start it. Selling them one of my rebuilt Poulans works too, and all of these cheap saws will last these people just as long as an expensive pro model. Finding a reasonable priced used top pro model in good condition is an act of frustration around here and if shipping charges are required, FORGET it.
You might point them towards a battery powered saw that uses the same batteries as their favorite brand of battery powered lawn equipment or tools. No carbs to get messed up from ethanol, no risk of straight gassing it (unless they try to use gas instead of bar oil), no plugs to fowl, no intake boots to dry out and crack, not starter rope to yank on. Basically it can sit on the shelf for years and and it will come to life as soon as they put the battery in and pull the trigger. They won't work for what I do, but for a lot of home owners, I think they would be ideal.

Latest posts

Back