Chips / day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How many truck loads / yards of chips would you guys say you average on a normal day? This year, except for a couple of times I have been averaging at least 2 truckloads of chips per day.

what size truck, matt?

We usually fill a truck per day, 11 foot box. But we can fill that in an hour or two on a decent removal. That's with a chuk-n-duck, not a big chipper. Had a load and a half today, 6 hour day with 1 pine removal and 4 oak trims.

Couple days it was a 10 wheel dump truck. Most days it has been a 10' long dump box with at least 5' high sides and a roof.

my truck had a 16 ft box with 6ft sides it held around 25 yards. average was i filled it once a day, but i chipped every thing. there were days where i filled that bad boy 3-4 times. a guy i work for his trucks are only 10-12 feet(modified mason dumps) we chip into one and put wood in the other. the chip truck gets filled twice on the average day and the wood truck once. we try not to chip into the bucket truck because then we loose the truck while its dumping. (besides only 3 of us are allowed to drive it) we put wood in the bucket on large removals so it could be dumped at the yard.

Yup,it depends.

Size of truck
type of pruning

I know guys with knucke booms, they only chip the smaller stuff and stack the rest for firewood use.

John Sibasku was telling me of a job he did where the company he worked for had a remote for the chipper in the boom cab so the guy operating the lader could feed the chipper too, he could run the engin up to chip then idle it afterwards without leaving the cab. then load some logs,

On the other end of the spectrum, I know guys that do fine pruning that dump their 3 tons maybe twice a week. One guy with a one ton who only chipps 3in and smaller (has firewood people that pick up fro free) dumps maybe every other day at the most,

chips

It depends on size of truck and size of chipper.I've worked for companies that would occasionally fill trucks 4-5 times a day truck holds approx 25-30 yds depends also on proximity to dump site.Company im with now has smaller trucks and a small chipper still accumulates a couple of truckloads per day.

Latest posts

Back