Climbers are tuff mothers!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Watched my dad do it for years but I never had any interest in doing it until recently. Bought a house with a couple acres of standing trees in bad need of thinning and thought I would lessen the impact on the remaining trees by taking them from the top.So with some instruction from dad I started spiking up and down .... up and down.... and 9 hours later 3 of the 6 trees that I had determined where coming down , where! My a$$ was dragging last night and I think I might have to take off work this week to recuperate!

This is a tip of the hat to all you climbers/loggers that do this for a living, I now know what work is!! :cheers:

Jeff

Good for you. Well done.

Don't forget to take your vitamin I(buprofen) for a speedy recovery.
Shins sore from those spurs? Vitamin I.
Back, shoulders, hams, butt and neck? Vitamin I.

Bet Dad is enjoying this.

Yes , three Advil and a large coffee for breakfast! Learned a lot about where cuts need to made and why, lost a little fear of limbs falling past me but still have a respect for what they could do to me if a screwed up.

I got the rest down today with a marked improvement in climbing technique and cut placement. Two 9 hour days and I think I've had enough climbing for the next couple years, it takes more of man than me to do this every day!

I don't know if my calves will ever be right again :laugh: , it's a workout for sure . Dad thinks it's a hoot, most definitely!

Jeff

if you are a part-timer like myself and have another full time job. It helps to do 3-4 hour a days untill you get in to climbing shape. It is also a little tougher carrying the extra 10-15 lbs of winter insulation.

shucksters said:
Climbers r like bullriders- it's dangerous but it don't pay good!

Yeah it is really danderous but pay all depends on where you live i live on cape cod in MA and climbing is real big money guys charge between 50 and 200 per hour depending on difficulty of the tree. im a real thrill seeker and love seeing the ocean from atop most trees around here aas well as the ocasional girl in an outside shower!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back