Climbers only, age poll.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• 0 to 18

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 18 to 25

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • 25 to 35

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • 35 to 45

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • 45 to 55

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • 55 to 65

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • 65 to 75

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 75 and up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
climbers future not lookin good

look at the poll n c 4 ur self:help:

10 votes and only 3 responses including my own. One 75 year old clicked already. Results might not be so accurate. :monkey:

I started climbing when I was 19 and 32 now, with no end in site!

Maybe it's because I got into this line of work a bit late, but I see guys younger than me limping with bad knees or feet, aching elbows and shoulders, and I'm still waiting to see where this job doesn't make me stronger.

Feeling stronger everyday, never felt better, but I use every technique and aid I can come up with to make my work in the tree smooth, easy, and controlled.

Control is the key. Control of your body, control of your rope. Control of your saw, which in turn, controls what you cut.

There isn't anything involved in aerial tree work that should physically burn a person out. If you feel used up after a climb, you did it wrong.

Back injuries on the ground, compounded time and time again from moving wood around on the ground, end more climbers careers short than any other injury I can think of.

Knees and backs are screwed up by overextending and poor technique on the ground more often than in the tree.

My 2 sense.

RedlineIt

Started in palms at 14 in 1973, am now 47, and though I may not be as fit as I once was, I feel that my experience and knowlege make me better now than I was in my prime.

All of my injuries resulted from my delusions of becoming a pro moto crosser, but thankfully I realised I couldn't before I crippled or killed myself, now I just ride moderately for fun and leave the racing to my sons.

I know one climber that's over 75 that can still climb, though not regularly.

jomoco

Back