Climbing in Poison ivy???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Climbed up a poplar with the leaves sticking out about a good 2 foot up to about 30' day before yesterday hacking away with my silky and finally finishing the vine ripping by hand and trim saw.
Mmmmmmm....... I love me some IVY!!!

Climbed up a poplar with the leaves sticking out about a good 2 foot up to about 30' day before yesterday hacking away with my silky and finally finishing the vine ripping by hand and trim saw.
Mmmmmmm....... I love me some IVY!!!

Life is hard, never soft,
grow it long, shave it off,,,Van Halen
Jeff :cool:

I found out as a bull headed teenager that I was not allergic to the stuff. I went out with a weed whacker at my dad's business and cut down a bunch of the poison ivy. That crap sprayed all over me. When I turned around the mechanics that worked for him were standing there with this horrified look on their face. :eek: I was picking it out of my mouth and everything. I started laughing and told them that I was in Boy Scouts and on a hiking trip had been dared to roll around in it. I took the dare and nothing ever happened. Touched it several more times and never had a reaction... So, it was pretty fun to pull one on those adult guys! :laugh:

Back