clogged spark arrestor,BR400 blower.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think there is a lot of people in that boat,,,, i have an oar in my hand:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I won't tell you how much time and money I wasted or how crazy I got all because of a stopped up spark arrestor!

When any blower, or string trimmer come into the shop that's the very first
thing I check. 75% of blowers that come in for repairs are because of a clogged screen.

I bought my Stihl FS 55 trimmer in VG+ condition at a thrift store for $19.98. The reason it wouldn't run right was.....................a clogged-up spark screen.

My Homelite weed eater was free, and that's all that was wrong with it. It would start, but would bog down with any throttle. 5 years later, it's still going strong.

You aren't alone.

I learned this lesson personally, but I still have to remind myself to check the screen.

Ive gotten a couple out of the garbage with plugged screens. I also learned the hard way when the screen plugged in my Br320. Felt like an idiot when after a couple of hours of messing around that I figured it out.:msp_w00t:

Latest posts

Back