Cloudcroft New Mexico Sept. 15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romeo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Cloudcroft Lumberjack Day will be held Sept. 15 in Cloudcroft New Mexico at Zenith park. All contestants must be registered by 9:30 am, events start at 10:00 am.

Events will be:

Mens axe throw
Womans axe throw
Standing Chop
Mens single buck
Mens double buck
J&J buck
59cc and under stock appearing
5ci and under stock appearing
over 5ci stock appearing
Open Hotsaw (hot start, 16"+ ponderosa)
Obstical cut/Chocker race (events have been combined)
Stihl stock saw

and kid events

Here is a link to the show. It should be updated soon, we are combining the obstacle pole and the choker race so we can squeeze in a 3 man relay.

And yes, Romeo will bring out his bike saw, along with about 15 or 20 other people. ;) The only requirement for the hot saw event is that the competetor has to be able to start, lift, and make 3 cuts un-assisted.

Andy

http://www.cloudcroft.net/lumberjack/

hey romeo what saws are you running, can you bring out the bike?

Buck

Heck yea, this is the homecoming game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of my bikes will be there.

I will also run a 254XP, 2100, and I am going to ask Redprospector REAL NICE LIKE if I can use one of his 7900's

Here is a link to the show. It should be updated soon, we are combining the obstacle pole and the choker race so we can squeeze in a 3 man relay.

And yes, Romeo will bring out his bike saw, along with about 15 or 20 other people. ;) The only requirement for the hot saw event is that the competetor has to be able to start, lift, and make 3 cuts un-assisted.

Andy

http://www.cloudcroft.net/lumberjack/

Wow, a web page even. No pics of me though, just the cab of my truck with both doors open.
1159565658-IMG_3733r.jpg

Last edited:
Correction

All of the saw events will be cold start this year except for the Stihl stock saw (supplied new 441's)

It looks like all I am going to run is a stop watch this year:bang:

I have to see a surgeon on Monday.

It looks like all I am going to run is a stop watch this year:bang:

I have to see a surgeon on Monday.

Dude, don't let a little vasectomy stand between you and sawing.

Seriously, I hope it's not serious.

Fred

My sympathies. Had one one time that pinched a gut. Oh man, does that pain hurt. Get well soon.

See you guys this Saturday. Just a reminder, you must be registered to compete by 9:30 am.

You guys will be safe from me this year but look out for my wife:biggrinbounce2: .

Well we got all the logs hauled in today.
I haven't measured yet, but it looks like it will be,
10 1/2" for the 0-60 cc class
11" for the Stihl stock saw
about 17" for the under 5 cu. in.
and a little over 20" for the Over 5 cu. in. class.

We got some real nice aspen for the chopping & crosscut events, we'll try to keep the Standing Block about 10",
about 12 or 14" for the Men's double buck, and single buck,
It'll probably run a little smaller for the women's events.

Ya'll come & get it!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Andy

Well it's all done.
Thanks to everyone who showed up and made this show a success.
Here are the results for the top 3 places in the men's events.

Axe throw:
1st Andy Olsen
2nd Lonnie Baca
3rd Albert Einhellig

Standing Block:
1st Mike Koers
2nd Andy Olsen
3rd Joel Dees Sr.

0 - 60 cc Chain saw:
1st Cale Smiley
2nd Mike Koers
3rd Andy Olsen

Double Buck:
1st Joel Dees Sr. & Jeb Rogers
2nd Joel Dees Sr. & Joel Dees Jr.
3rd Mike Koers & Andy Olsen

Under 5 cu in Chainsaw:
1st Matt Irvine
2nd Mike Koers
3rd Joel Dees Jr.

Stihl Stock Saw:
1st Andy Olsen
2nd Vince Marsh Jr.
3rd Lonnie Baca

Single Buck:
1st Mike Koers
2nd Neil Mitchel
3rd Joel Dees Sr.

Obstacle Pole/ Choker Race:
1st Mike Koers
2nd Jeb Rogers
3rd Josh Dees

Over 5 cu in Chain Saw:
1st Joel Dees Sr.
2nd Mike Koers
3rd Andy Olsen

Jack & Jill:
1st Andy Olsen & Lilly Williams
2nd Mike Koers & Lilly Williams
3rd Kenneth & Wanda Witt

Hot Saw:
1st Josh Dees
2nd Joel Dees Jr.
3rd Mike Koers

3 Man Relay:
1st Mike Koers, Andy Olsen, & Jeb Rogers
2nd Joel Dees Sr., Joel Dees Jr., & Josh Dees
3rd Vince Marsh Sr., Vince Marsh Jr., & Chris Marsh

Andy

redprospector, I recall awhile back that Romeo stated they wouldn't let you run the Dolmar 7900 in the 5ci class, 81cc and under. Could you explain the excuse that they came up with on that?

Just wondering because I was at a stock gas racing this year in the 100+ cc class where the rules read (muffler must be direct) that was all it said. There was a muffler modded 3120,a walkers style 084,muffler modded 880, etc to give you a idea of the mufflers used. Then I had my 084 with holes drilled through a front cover that had the heat shield built onto the front. During warm ups, the next thing I new the judge was giving me the neck cut off sign. I looked down for thrown chain or fluids pouring out, but seen nothing wrong. He came over and said muffler was to loud.:jawdrop: .
or maybe it really had something to do with the 2- 1st and 2- 2nds in the first four saw events and a friend had taken the other 3 of the 1st with his saws. :dizzy:

Just wonder what other lame excuses that are floating around out there to give us those DQ's.

Direct muffler????????????????? Don't you just hate that "dammed ol direct muffler class":hmm3grin2orange:

The rules at the show where Andy got skrued said, 72cc or 5 ci, holes in muffler and air filter are OK. After some discussion about what was leagle or not, they decided that 5 cube was ok, but it had to be stock. Andy bowed out his 7900 but Larry Jones loaned him his old Pro Mac 81e and he still did very well with it.

When I have a muffler mod done, I buy an E-bay muffler and modify it. That way I have the stock muffler if I go to a race where its required. The standing wisdom on this seems to be take everything - saws, parts, fuel, chains & tools, so that your'e ready for last minute changes. Of course, if they wait till the warm up or after the race to change their minds........

Between those last minute rule changes, different displacement classes at different shows, and the somewhat "liberal" interputations of the rules by some of the racers, one can't take run what you brung stocksaw racing too serously anyway.

Back