Cloudcroft New Mexico Sept. 15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redprospector, I recall awhile back that Romeo stated they wouldn't let you run the Dolmar 7900 in the 5ci class, 81cc and under. Could you explain the excuse that they came up with on that?

Just wondering because I was at a stock gas racing this year in the 100+ cc class where the rules read (muffler must be direct) that was all it said. There was a muffler modded 3120,a walkers style 084,muffler modded 880, etc to give you a idea of the mufflers used. Then I had my 084 with holes drilled through a front cover that had the heat shield built onto the front. During warm ups, the next thing I new the judge was giving me the neck cut off sign. I looked down for thrown chain or fluids pouring out, but seen nothing wrong. He came over and said muffler was to loud.:jawdrop: .
or maybe it really had something to do with the 2- 1st and 2- 2nds in the first four saw events and a friend had taken the other 3 of the 1st with his saws. :dizzy:
Just wonder what other lame excuses that are floating around out there to give us those DQ's.

It really wasn't a big deal. A discrepancy in the rules, and one competitor crying about my saw so I bowed out. I'm serious about competition, but I can go to work and get paid to be serious and not have fun.
After it was over the guy that ran the show thanked me, and said it would be fixed next year. So I'll be back for sure next year.
I help put on our show, and I know you can't make every one happy, so I try not to b??ch at someone elses show.

I'd like to add a new rule to our packet, it would read:
Have fun, or go home. :D

Andy

Last edited:
I figured I'd better leave something for you to tell.

Andy

Don't remember the whole list but:
Lilly had 1st in the two woman crosscut, 2nd in the single womans crosstut (Jessica Rogers had 1st), and She had 1st, 2nd, and I think 4th or 5th in the Jack and Jill (lack of Jills this year)
I believe that Lynn Baca won the womans axe throw.

Lilly had 4th in overall show points BTW:biggrinbounce2: :heart:
I told her she had to represent for me since I was out and she did very well.

Also the overalls were.
Mike Koers 1st
Redprospector 2nd
Joel Dees Snr. 3rd

Mike Koers
cloud073.jpg

Redprospector
cloud071.jpg

My Juliette
cloud072.jpg

Last edited:
Is that 2nd pic with red in it, what they call the OP event?

Yup, thats Red's ugly mug.:hmm3grin2orange:
This year, they decided that they had too many events so they combined the obstical pole and the choker race. The event started as the op but after you set your saw down you had to hightail it through a field full of logs, grab your choker, run back, and set it around the base of the op. It looked fun and was a heck of a crowd pleaser.

Is that 2nd pic with red in it, what they call the OP event?

We used to use a 33' log with a 6" top for the op, but we were trying to find ways to speed up some events to make room for a relay race without cutting out any of our events. Our show started at 10:00 am and ended at 4:40 pm so it's a long hard day.

Andy

Back